Johnnies Tidbits

interesting read.  i always thought demeo left because of the JUCOs he brought in.  Seemed like moore was a problem 

Not so concerned about the lawsuit (suits happen all the time in every employment setting when someone is let go, based on one side's set of facts, an it will sort itself out).  I would be more concerned as a fan if the info about the team dynamic was correct.  Again, it is a jaded source.  And, the fact that our 2 best players stayed here says something.  

I don’t know about the DeMeo situation with his health. But, as far as the players are concerned, it just seems like playing for a demanding coach like Mike Andersen was just too much for some of the players they brought in. They didn’t want to put in the work. 

Take this with a grain of salt. Remember it’s coming from one side in a lawsuit, things are exaggerated lawyer talk. We all knew there was something that happened with Moore and that his transfer was probably best for both parties. What I doubt most is that the team turned on CMA. They might’ve wanted to have Moore stay on the team but I doubt that caused a rift on the team, especially with the players that returned and had many other options. 

wwalwyn post=439504 said:
This isn't a big deal.

It very well might not be.

But it's yet another shoe dropping.  We were having arguably our quietest and best off-season in a LONG time.  And now a former employee is disgruntled and not just saying he was fired unjustly but also in turn talking about team revolts.  And yes we lost the majority of the team but 3 important players all returned and we re-loaded.

CMA has had a squeaky clean image and these accusations give ammo to those who aren't fans of CMA (Goodman) and other coaches to use negatively (just like many were rejoicing with Powell and Willard).

Far too often for a program that has been largely irrelevant for a few decades there are these black marks popping up.  They might prove to be nothing but more people remember the smoke regardless of no fire coming from it.

Another example of what a bad apple can do to the bunch. Moore was very capable on the court but almost ruined our season between his attitude and the stuff he posted on social media. 

if anything we should be glad our coach wouldn’t stand for it. 

This culture in basketball now where the players can do no wrong and discipline isn’t allowed has to stop. 

sounds like DeMeo is emotional because Moore was his guy but Anderson didn’t stand for some of Moore’s antics. 

How about you take some responsibility for the fact that Moore was by all accounts not a good locker room presence and just sit the fuck down.

god this is so stupid. And as Moose said, big deal or not it totally provides ammo for Anderson detractors. 

also, I find it hard to believe that Anderson nearly lost the team when it was the second half of the season when the team pulled together and started winning ball games. 

Last edited:
Jack Williams post=439509 said:
This culture in basketball now where the players can do no wrong and discipline isn’t allowed has to stop. 

sounds like DeMeo is emotional because Moore was his guy but Anderson didn’t stand for some of Moore’s antics. 

How about you take some responsibility for the fact that Moore was by all accounts not a good locker room presence and just sit the fuck down.

god this is so stupid. And as Moose said, big deal or not it totally provides ammo for Anderson detractors. 

also, I find it hard to believe that Anderson nearly lost the team when it was the second half of the season when the team pulled together and started winning ball games. 

When I coached high school basketball, a local JUCO team used our gym to practice after we were finished. As a basketball junkie, I watched several practices, always looking for new drills, etc to use with my players. Having never seen a CMA practice,  I would bet my pension that the level of intensity of his practices was 1,000,000 more than what I witnessed. I was aghast at how lax the coach was with his team.

Making the adjustment from JUCO to big time D-1 basketball isn't easy for many kids. Some adjust right away, some take awhile and some never do. It's a crap shoot when you recruit JUCO's. It's like the old Forest Gump line, "life's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you'll get".

Problem isn't accusations of team dissension from last year.

It's that DeMeo has a ton of connections and is well-liked by a lot of people up and down the basketball stratosphere. 

CMA has built a good core and Macon has done a miracle job in reestablishing relationships with the local bball community. 

I just hope DeMeo's accusations don't give us a black mark among many others. 

SJUFAN2 post=439505 said:
wwalwyn post=439504 said:
This isn't a big deal.
Hopefully.
But its a bad look no matter how you slice it.  
LOL, it's no big deal at all, just a salty former employee trying to grab some money on his way out.  Anybody that reads that article can tell it's complete BS.  DeMeo claimed he was the guy holding the team together, all while missing multiple weeks while being in the hospital after surgery, then missing even more time having to be at home recovering.  How you holding the team together and you not even there lol.  Then he claims they didn't care about Covid-19 protocol, and the Johnnies handled it better than any other team in the conference and didn't get shut down at any point due to a positive case. 

What it boiled down to is DeMeo wasn't carrying his weight.  His biggest recruit was Isiah Moore, who was the biggest problem on the team.  And on top of that he was out multiple weeks and it appears as if he was going to be missing more time in the future.  If CMA gets fired for not winning games, nobody is going to care that he was nice to DeMeo and let him work from home to handle personal issues.  He needs an assistant that can be on the road, recruit, and be at practice, any reasonable person can read the article and understand that.

Back