Johnnies Tidbits

Aaron Wheeler will be playing for the Miami Heat in Summer League
SJUDave wrote:

Not at all he got an invite to show his stuff in Summer League. Has an NBA body and athleticism; whether he has the skillset is another issue, but he gets his shot and rooting for him.

Glad we have a group able to do these NIL's, but has anyone actually seen anything on social media on what these players are endorsing ?

It's legal and it's going to help us, nuff said. We've been handicapped for a long time on recruiting and looks like we are in a better position due to a mainstream program that's been endorsed by the powers that be; that's all I care about. Let's go Johnnies.

It's legal and it's going to help us, nuff said. We've been handicapped for a long time on recruiting and looks like we are in a better position due to a mainstream program that's been endorsed by the powers that be; that's all I care about. Let's go Johnnies.
I’m all for it. Pre-NIL I would have been on board with whoever our coach was going full on Sean Miller or Will Wade when it came to getting players. I don’t pretend to have a holier than thou attitude to justify our middling place in the college basketball landscape. Just win baby

I agree for now, but I wonder if someday the extent of a fans participation in an NIL deal will become a necessity for season tickets, special seating or other perks. Now all seems good, but there is no telling how far this NIL thing will go. We have only seen the beginning of this debacle thanks to an incompetent NCAA that never took the reins on this thing.

I’m all for it. Pre-NIL I would have been on board with whoever our coach was going full on Sean Miller or Will Wade when it came to getting players. I don’t pretend to have a holier than thou attitude to justify our middling place in the college basketball landscape. Just win baby

That's all well and good, and I kind of feel the same way. But it wasn't up to you and I, and the various administrations that have run, and continue to run, the University felt quite differently. So NIL helps SJU a great deal.

That's all well and good, and I kind of feel the same way. But it wasn't up to you and I, and the various administrations that have run, and continue to run, the University felt quite differently. So NIL helps SJU a great deal.
Don’t think it’s a coincidence that w the NIL our recruiting has picked up.

Back