Johnnies Tidbits

We made a ton of buckets by simply passing and cutting all season long. Nice to see Pinzon and Storr head to head on that.

It really is a full time job being a Division I basketball player...Season ended in March...classes April, May...back in the gym June...Summer classes and workouts...travel to DR...back in school...Midnight Madness Oct 15. October to March, hopefully beyond. For the coaches; recruiting, on campus visits, monitoring practices with 2022 recruits on campus. Really have to recognize the commitment and personal sacrifices all parties experiencing toward this season. Godspeed and Blessings to all...

It really is a full time job being a Division I basketball player...Season ended in March...classes April, May...back in the gym June...Summer classes and workouts...travel to DR...back in school...Midnight Madness Oct 15. October to March, hopefully beyond. For the coaches; recruiting, on campus visits, monitoring practices with 2022 recruits on campus. Really have to recognize the commitment and personal sacrifices all parties experiencing toward this season. Godspeed and Blessings to all...
I’m out of breath. 😀

I am very impressed with the caliber of players that we are recruiting this cycle
We are being very ambitious and are clearly looking to hit some home runs
I am really hopeful that we are able to knock a couple out of the park
The 2023 recruiting class has the potential to be a real game changer for us
Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

Last edited:
I am very impressed with the caliber of players that we are recruiting this cycle
We are being very ambitious and are clearly looking to hit some home runs
I am really hopeful that we are able to knock a couple out of the park
The 2023 recruiting class has the potential to be a real game changer for us
Can't wait to see how it turns out!!
The recruiting has really stepped up. Not sure why, maybe NIL not competing w FB players . Feel confident about Gardner, but have to close the deal w the recruits. Like you said potential for our best class in a while, coming off of grabbing some nice transfer pieces plus retaining most of our players. Optimistic about the 23 class.

Did this J. Cole (the rapper) ever play (walk-on) at St. John’s

He tried out and would have made the team but decided to concentrate on rapping. Did shows while he was a student before he got it big. I think he made the right choice and now he gets to play ball too!!

Back