Johnnies Tidbits

MainMan post=439518 said:
Problem isn't accusations of team dissension from last year.

It's that DeMeo has a ton of connections and is well-liked by a lot of people up and down the basketball stratosphere. 

CMA has built a good core and Macon has done a miracle job in reestablishing relationships with the local bball community. 

I just hope DeMeo's accusations don't give us a black mark among many others. 

Might sound like sour grapes but I can't resist. 
Those connections didn't help much when here

The filing also states that St. John's decision not to play in the NIT because of the demands of COVID-19 protocols was a “false excuse to protect Mr. Anderson” because “the team simply did not want to play for him anymore.”

Wasn't there a rumor like at this at the end of last year? Maybe I'm mis remembering

Room112 post=439523 said:
The filing also states that St. John's decision not to play in the NIT because of the demands of COVID-19 protocols was a “false excuse to protect Mr. Anderson” because “the team simply did not want to play for him anymore.”

Wasn't there a rumor like at this at the end of last year? Maybe I'm mis remembering

I do remember that.  It was also indicated the system favored NY players and the only players who ended up not transferring were from NY (Posh, Wusu & Julian).  And of course a lot of noise regarding Moore.

Bottom line this is now public for the world to see and available for opposing coaches to use against us.

Last edited:
Moose post=439507 said:
wwalwyn post=439504 said:
This isn't a big deal.

It very well might not be.

But it's yet another shoe dropping.  We were having arguably our quietest and best off-season in a LONG time.  And now a former employee is disgruntled and not just saying he was fired unjustly but also in turn talking about team revolts.  And yes we lost the majority of the team but 3 important players all returned and we re-loaded.

CMA has had a squeaky clean image and these accusations give ammo to those who aren't fans of CMA (Goodman) and other coaches to use negatively (just like many were rejoicing with Powell and Willard).

Far too often for a program that has been largely irrelevant for a few decades there are these black marks popping up.  They might prove to be nothing but more people remember the smoke regardless of no fire coming from it.
If this is the worst thing that happens, it'll be a very good season.  

That article is absolutely wild, even CMA haters that are in Arkansas are laughing at the article.  If anything CMA is known for being too nice and not making changes on his staff when he has guys that are dead weight.  The stuff he's saying doesn't even make sense, he's portraying in the article that he's the guy that held everything together, all while at the same time saying he was out an extended amount of time for medical reasons, it makes no sense at all. 

He didn't even recruit anybody but Isiah Moore, and he's trying to portray Moore like he's a victim, when we all sat and watched him take horrible shots throwing the team's rhythm off after repeatedly being told not to take those shots, him hanging on the rim and taunting players after every dunk, and him going on twitter rants. If anything CMA was too nice in handling the Moore situation, most coaches they tell a 26% 3 point shooter to stop shooting 3's, and he keeps doing it, he's sitting on the end of the bench for the rest of the season and they tell them to look for a new school the next semester.

Last edited:
I mean when the only two recruits you bring in are a guy who can’t dribble and a bipolar unhinged racist then you probably deserve to be fired… 

PharmDJohnnie11 post=439526 said:
I mean when the only two recruits you bring in are a guy who can’t dribble and a bipolar unhinged racist then you probably deserve to be fired… 

As the poster above mentioned the fact he's saying he recruited Moore is a bit of a stretch as well.  Many here know that.

Summer officially ended and the extra sunshine goes along with it.

Not the Myles Powell thing, but somewhere Kevin Willard must be smiling just a bit from this news.

Last edited:
Should also not be forgotten but there were lots of rumors about Demeo departing before Covid.  But there were no changes to the staff and he was on staff all season.  And then again the rumors started up and seemed like a certainty he was gone for quite awhile until it became official.

Always seemed like an odd fit on the staff.  Just some points.

Moose post=439531 said:
Should also not be forgotten but there were lots of rumors about Demeo departing before Covid.  But there were no changes to the staff and he was on staff all season.  And then again the rumors started up and seemed like a certainty he was gone for quite awhile until it became official.

Always seemed like an odd fit on the staff.  Just some points.
Yup

PharmDJohnnie11 post=439526 said:
If you're talking about Cole... TJ was Cole's lead recruiter.  CMA and TJ had been recruiting him since they were still at Arkansas.  Only recruit that I know of that DeMeo was the lead for was Moore.  And if Moore is your only recruit, I mean how can you seriously complain about getting fired.

The guys that left lead recruiter...
Moore - DeMeo
Cole - TJ
Dunn - TJ
McGriff - CMA
Williams - Mullin
Earlington - Mullin
Roberts - Mullin
Caraher - Mullin

Making Plays post=439525 said:
Moose post=439507 said:
wwalwyn post=439504 said:
This isn't a big deal.

It very well might not be.

But it's yet another shoe dropping.  We were having arguably our quietest and best off-season in a LONG time.  And now a former employee is disgruntled and not just saying he was fired unjustly but also in turn talking about team revolts.  And yes we lost the majority of the team but 3 important players all returned and we re-loaded.

CMA has had a squeaky clean image and these accusations give ammo to those who aren't fans of CMA (Goodman) and other coaches to use negatively (just like many were rejoicing with Powell and Willard).

Far too often for a program that has been largely irrelevant for a few decades there are these black marks popping up.  They might prove to be nothing but more people remember the smoke regardless of no fire coming from it.
If this is the worst thing that happens, it'll be a very good season.  

That article is absolutely wild, even CMA haters that are in Arkansas are laughing at the article.  If anything CMA is known for being too nice and not making changes on his staff when he has guys that are dead weight.  The stuff he's saying doesn't even make sense, he's portraying in the article that he's the guy that held everything together, all while at the same time saying he was out an extended amount of time for medical reasons, it makes no sense at all. 

He didn't even recruit anybody but Isiah Moore, and he's trying to portray Moore like he's a victim, when we all sat and watched him take horrible shots throwing the team's rhythm off after repeatedly being told not to take those shots, him hanging on the rim and taunting players after every dunk, and him going on twitter rants. If anything CMA was too nice in handling the Moore situation, most coaches they tell a 26% 3 point shooter to stop shooting 3's, and he keeps doing it, he's sitting on the end of the bench for the rest of the season and they tell them to look for a new school the next semester.
Ummm…this. Completely

I trust Anderson way more than Demeo. Everybody knew Moore & Anderson didn’t get along so it is what it is. Everytime more screamed at a put back or rebound you knew Anderson had to be annoyed. 

As an attorney, I hate lawyers like this who are so hard up they act like this and take cases without merit.

Last edited:
While I do believe that there are elements of truth in the accusations, like most other lawsuits the facts are grossly exaggerated by the lawyers(no offense to myriad lawyers on the board).  Having said that, if I'm SJU I'd hold off on that CMA statue for a while. 

Monte post=439550 said:
While I do believe that there are elements of truth in the accusations, like most other lawsuits the facts are grossly exaggerated by the lawyers(no offense to myriad lawyers on the board).  Having said that, if I'm SJU I'd hold off on that CMA statue for a while. 
Best day of the year my buddy Monte is back !!!!

Back