Hello this is Rick from New Rochelle...

This is the one I fear. I think ASU will waive his buyout and gladly pay his airfare to JFK.

He may have a personal issue with coaching in the same conference as his brother.
If he thinks he's gonna get canned from ASU and has a chance to reset the clock and net a couple million more $ by taking the SJU job I think he'll set aside those issues with coaching in the same conference as Dan.

Bobby Hurley would be a terrible choice and Cragg shouldn't even give him the time of day during this search

If he thinks he's gonna get canned from ASU and has a chance to reset the clock and net a couple million more $ by taking the SJU job I think he'll set aside those issues with coaching in the same conference as Dan.

Bobby Hurley would be a terrible choice and Cragg shouldn't even give him the time of day during this search
What if the idiots on the board says no, then at #8 Hurley's name come up then and only then do they say yes.

I'm not saying that this is the case, but if it is, then why does SJU need a president and AD since the BOT knows best?

F this I'm going back to get a Mahergharita for takeout. See you in 10 minutes

'I want to coach five or six more years,' the former Kentucky and Louisville coach told CBS Sports. 'I want to do something special.'​

I would take Bobby Hurley over cms. Then again I would take my 10 year old who knows nothing of basketball over cms. As much as people may want pitino, he isn't the second coming. He is going to be 72/73. Now a Petino with van Macon with van coach in waiting I could go for. If it comes down to brey keep cma as brey is just boring. There is a reason he is leaving nd cause he knew he was going to get fired . Hmm an old fired coach , didn't we already do that?

I would take Bobby Hurley over cms. Then again I would take my 10 year old who knows nothing of basketball over cms. As much as people may want pitino, he isn't the second coming. He is going to be 72/73. Now a Petino with van Macon with van coach in waiting I could go for. If it comes down to brey keep cma as brey is just boring. There is a reason he is leaving nd cause he knew he was going to get fired . Hmm an old fired coach , didn't we already do that?
Pitino will be 71 in September. Don’t tell Jim Larranaga down in Miami that that he’s too old to coach.

His name and connections alone make him the best we could get...I mean I don't see him taking a complete rebuild which we are from top to bottom.

He'll go someplace with crazy N$L and we will sit here waiting for a miracle...

No Rick isn't the second coming, he's just a HOF coach

“I want to coach 5 or 6 more years,” the former Kentucky and Louisville coach told CBS Sports. “I still exercise like a demon. I still get after it. And as long as you do that, your mind is sharp, I’m still more passionate about it today than I’ve ever been in my life. And again, it’s because I know my window’s closing. I want to do something special, whether it’s at Iona or it doesn’t matter. I want to do something special, and I think we are doing something special.”

No Rick isn't the second coming, he's just a HOF coach

“I want to coach 5 or 6 more years,” the former Kentucky and Louisville coach told CBS Sports. “I still exercise like a demon. I still get after it. And as long as you do that, your mind is sharp, I’m still more passionate about it today than I’ve ever been in my life. And again, it’s because I know my window’s closing. I want to do something special, whether it’s at Iona or it doesn’t matter. I want to do something special, and I think we are doing something special.”
What could be more Special than Resurrecting St John’s from the depths of 2 Decades of despair ? What could be better as a Achievement for a capstone on his career . G’Town hasn’t had the 20 years of bad BB as we have . It’s NY and Rick is a native New Yorker at his core . Bring St John’s back to being a Contender .

From the Pitino side I could see his interest being greater than most of the younger mid-major names tossed around.

1. - He's actually old enough to have a personal recollection of what a strong SJU team can mean in NY.
2. - He's actually old enough to not have to worry about the SJU "challenge" blowing up his career.

If they wanted him, I do think they could have him.

'I want to coach five or six more years,' the former Kentucky and Louisville coach told CBS Sports. 'I want to do something special.'​

Pitino talks about importance of facilities in the CBS article. It is worth noting that a few years ago, Georgetown completed a new multi-million dollar facility that is top notch. Pitino would have to walk by a John Thompson statue every day to go to work, though.

my prediction:

neither SJU nor GTown will pursue Pitino.

GTown will land a higher profile coach than us.

We will shop in the mid-major market (or Bobby Hurley) and pray it's a home run.

Back