Hello this is Rick from New Rochelle...

Didn't realize Pitino hired Masiello as DOBO after being let go by Manhattan.

So what Is the big deal that he is loyal to a friend who is his former assistant coach ?

To me that is a positive trait.

What is the difference between Pitino hiring Massillo and someone hiring a nephew ?

So what Is the big deal that he is loyal to a friend who is his former assistant coach ?

To me that is a positive trait.

What is the difference between Pitino hiring Massillo and someone hiring a nephew ?
No big deal... just sharing

Canning Anderson now would at least send a message that mediocrity is not tolerated

I think the players wouldn't skip a beat and at least not get any worse

Work the back channels for Pitino...
I posted this earlier. Like him or not, Anderson is a respected coach and a gentleman. Our program already has a mom and pop reputation. Firing Anderson mid-way through the season would not be a good look and would further add to the perception of dysfunction with our program. Short of a scandal, we have to let the season play out.

Bring back Fran, even though we know he can be a dick.

"yes, this is slick Rick from Westchester, are there any good Italian restaurants near Union and Utopia that allow MBB coaches to have the key and to stay there after hours.............. asking for a friend"

I'd say the board has done a 180 on Pitino. In the past it's been like 80-20 against and now seems like at least 80-20 for.
I would normally stay away from a thread like this at least till the near the end of the season but I will say based on the probable market of who would be available and who would actually want to come, he definitely would be my first call which is definitely different from four years ago. I still have my reservations, not regarding his coaching or recruiting abilities but his age (in terms of how much longer he is going to want to do this and have the energy to do so) and his character (I just know if he comes here, they would be looking at every move he makes), but since the NCAA has cleared him and he still shows the ability and fire while at Iona College University I'm in (hopefully he is too).

How times have changed
Joe Lapchick was forced to retire at the age of 65
Look at how many guys are still coaching in their 70's these days
They may have to carry Boeheim off the bench one day
I thought he would pack it in when his sons finished their careers at Syracuse
Smart move by Hopkins to leave rather than stay there as the "coach in waiting"
Boeheim coaching wise needs to retire. Its not working anymore. Coach C, Coach K and Roy Williams knew when it was time to go, Jim Bo doesn't. Sometimes when you hang on, it does not end well and that is not the way Jim Bo should want to go.

Boeheim coaching wise needs to retire. Its not working anymore. Coach C, Coach K and Roy Williams knew when it was time to go, Jim Bo doesn't. Sometimes when you hang on, it does not end well and that is not the way Jim Bo should want to go.
Woody Hayes clearly didn't know it was time for him to go.

They need to fire him at this point he has lost his touch. Unlike SJU they have the resources/fan support to hire somebody who can win there.

They are not firing boeheim nor should they.
They may not "fire" him but wouldn't be all that surprised if he steps down and takes on some sort of administrative role or whatever in their athletic department. The fans there are getting very antsy and it's clear they won't be legit ACC contenders with him at the helm.

My view of Pitino is not rooted in basketball. If STJ hires him my respect for the university will markedly diminish.
I can't speak for you, but the image of the university is in some way tied to the image of the basketball program. Once again having a winning program that gets national attention will do more good for the university than just about anything else I can think of.

Back