Happy Rick Pitino Day! Press Conference Commentary Only

Yeah but many of the current players are no longer wanted it seems and I think cleaning house is a good idea to get a fresh start and build a new culture that reflects the current philosophy and coach. Also, it could be that retaining Van on the staff might help out in securing his testimony in the upcoming legal battle over CMA's termination and payout.
I dont think Van is responsible for the character issues. With a real coach, alot of our players probably dont exhibit these bad behaviors. But when a coach lets the inmates run the asylum, a kids immaturity has a greater chance of rearing its ugly head.

Unfortunately, the damage is done for most of the players. Outside of joel and drissa, the bridge is burned. Hopefully w/ storr only being here 9 months, he didnt burn that bridge too much.

Can someone actually say what Pitino's style of play is? That every single last player on the roster be a good shooter?
For you,
Sean Woods.
Went back and looked at Providence, Kentucky and Louisville and came up with Woods. Good player and only Pitino point that had similar -still better-but in ballpark three point percentage as Posh.

It probably won't happen but it'd be ironic if a CMA bench warmer is a rotation player with Pitino.
I always gave Drissa a lot of credit. Had to redshirt his freshman year, barely played as a sophomore and yet was always cheering his heart out. Looks like his character is being recognized.

Would love to see him stay and get an opportunity down the line. Easy kid to root for.

Always thought Drissa showed more potential in his limited minutes than Nywie.
Drissa may have been the last player off the bench in terms of minutes played, but he was always the first off the bench to cheer his teammates on. Always pumping them up and cheering for them. Everything I know about him is he is a good guy and I hope he is retained. Not everyone can be a star.

Drissa may have been the last player off the bench in terms of minutes played, but he was always the first off the bench to cheer his teammates on. Always pumping them up and cheering for them. Everything I know about him is he is a good guy and I hope he is retained. Not everyone can be a star.
I don't know anything about Drissa other than seeing his limited minutes, but it is encouraging to see that RP values character so highly.

Back