Euro 2024

Soccer can be fun when there is offense. France/Spain 3 goals in 25 minutes. Lamine, the 16 year tied game for Spain and Olmo put them ahead.

Imbape playing without the mask.

Soccer can be fun when there is offense. France/Spain 3 goals in 25 minutes. Lamine, the 16 year tied game for Spain and Olmo put them ahead.

Imbape playing without the mask.
Yeah, I'm really conflicted by this game. First Nacho doing his best Carvajal imitation, cheap shots Kolo Muani. who gets his revenge by scoring minutes later. Then Yamal and Olmo score beauties for spain and Nacho (little Carvajal) goes down in "agony" just before the half whistle. :rolleyes:

Mbappe takes the mask off and still can't do anything.(y)

Can both teams lose?

Down go the french :) . Besides the goals the best part of the game was the German fans jeering Cucurella every time he touched the ball. German press called him "the untidy one" and "the shaggy one.":)

Latest rumor out of the Euros is that carvajal and nacho have applied for immediate emergency Uruguay citizenship on the grounds that their cheap shot style of play will fit right in. Chartered plane on the tarmac in Munich, departure is imminent. Copa officials are leaning toward accepting despite Columbian protests. :eek: :rolleyes:

Final will be tight (duh!) but I think Spain's young talent will come through.
Spain and Germany were (to me) clearly the best two teams in this tournament. If Germany hadn’t tied the Swiss in their last group game in the last minute, that would be the game this weekend. Strongly believe that.

If the game is tied and Southgate starts subbing in some of his young attackers around the 70 min, mark, I'm liking England's chances.

I fell asleep during the first half. Second half was very good. Thought when Spain lost Rodri they were done for but Nico Williams and Yamal (did he really just turn 17?) were terrific. What a clearance by Olmo. Ruiz and Cucurella excellent as well.

England had a chance to win if they had benched Foden and Kane from the get-go and started Palmer and Watkins or Toney.

EPL starts Aug 16 with a Friday night opener: Man U at home to Fulham (draw) Arsenal home to Wolves next day (home win).

I fell asleep during the first half. Second half was very good. Thought when Spain lost Rodri they were done for but Nico Williams and Yamal (did he really just turn 17?) were terrific. What a clearance by Olmo. Ruiz and Cucurella excellent as well.

England had a chance to win if they had benched Foden and Kane from the get-go and started Palmer and Watkins or Toney.

EPL starts Aug 16 with a Friday night opener: Man U at home to Fulham (draw) Arsenal home to Wolves next day (home win).
Good summation: best team won. Spain went 7-0-0, came to play every game and they some excellent young players. As a City fan, I was glad to see Rodri get Best Player award--he is one of Pep's favorites.

Extremely impressed by Yamal. Wow, what a player he already is. He has unbelievable vision. Pickford also made a very good save on him. The fact he is starting in that XI and having the kind of impact he had is frankly remarkable.

Spain was clearly the better team. I couldn’t believe when Palmer scored (he’s an unbelievable player in his own right) that it was tied because Spain had complete control of the previous 30 minutes. Pickford had a good match, nothing he could do about either of those goals and Dani Olmo with the save of the match. There’s a reason they teach fullbacks to stay on the posts for a corner. Even more impressive considering he’s an offensive player.

I’m not gonna say let’s change the way these brackets are done because the country I support got screwed by it but the fact Spain, Germany, Portugal and France were all on one side of the bracket was a joke. Like I said earlier, kind of insane Fulkrug’s goal against the Swiss screwed them more than helped them. That German team beats England more times than not in my eyes. Anyway, congrats to Spain, much deserved.

Back