Euro 2024

TX Redman

24 teams, 51 games, 10 stadiums, one winner. Italy to repeat? Engurland are favorites! Hello 1966, anyone? The Hosts? France, Espana?

Nay laddie, it's Tatties & Neeps time! High road, low road, autobahn. Bonnie Scotland all the way! Break out the kilts, the Glenmorangie, Nessie and haggis, Kieran Tierney & The Bhoys are on the march!

And, as soon as I see Twitter, Pavlovic is out for tonsillitis(!) and Emre Can in. Germany already taking hits.

And, as soon as I see Twitter, Pavlovic is out for tonsillitis(!) and Emre Can in. Germany already taking hits.
Most teams are missing key players and coming in less than 100 percent.
I put the blame on two things:
1. As much as we enjoy the games, the domestic and euro seasons run long.
2. Playing for the national team is now secondary to the club team. The owners of the big clubs despise these tournaments because they have invested millions in their teams. Because of that, I think players sit out now for less serious injuries.

Most teams are missing key players and coming in less than 100 percent.
I put the blame on two things:
1. As much as we enjoy the games, the domestic and euro seasons run long.
2. Playing for the national team is now secondary to the club team. The owners of the big clubs despise these tournaments because they have invested millions in their teams. Because of that, I think players sit out now for less serious injuries.
Would have rather seen Goretzka than Can but can’t argue with the clubs thinking here. You’re paying mucho dinero to a player and your only hope is that he makes through the tournament unscathed. These guys definitely play too much now but that’s becoming true in almost all sports.

24 teams, 51 games, 10 stadiums, one winner. Italy to repeat? Engurland are favorites! Hello 1966, anyone? The Hosts? France, Espana?

Nay laddie, it's Tatties & Neeps time! High road, low road, autobahn. Bonnie Scotland all the way! Break out the kilts, the Glenmorangie, Nessie and haggis, Kieran Tierney & The Bhoys are on the march!
Your fantasy will come to an abrupt shattering end Friday at about 5 Eastern. You're going to need the Glenmorangie, try Tale of the Forrest. :)

Pavlovic has been dealing with the tonsilitis and sat out a spell during the season. Word is he's going to have them out and recuperate in time for the Bundesliga season.

Would have rather seen Goretzka than Can but can’t argue with the clubs thinking here. You’re paying mucho dinero to a player and your only hope is that he makes through the tournament unscathed. These guys definitely play too much now but that’s becoming true in almost all sports.
Between being cut from the national team and rumors of him being out at Bayern Leon's probably seeing a shrink.;)

Food for thought

Spain in a tough draw w/ Italy and Croatia--all three in FIFA top 10.

Ronaldo's Last Hurrah--will he go out like Messi, or will he go out on the bench?

As for the beleaguered Germans, will home field advantage be sufficient them to resurrect from the dead??

Co-favorite France may be hurt by injuries, particularly Mbappe.

Food for thought

Spain in a tough draw w/ Italy and Croatia--all three in FIFA top 10.

Ronaldo's Last Hurrah--will he go out like Messi, or will he go out on the bench?

As for the beleaguered Germans, will home field advantage be sufficient them to resurrect from the dead??

Co-favorite France may be hurt by injuries, particularly Mbappe.
France can't lose enough for me. (n)

Just an old fashioned ass kicking going on right now. I expected Germany to have that opening match, home country push but they have been flat out dominating this game. And, right call on the red card. That was dangerous as hell and you could argue he went studs up with both feet. Happy the refs got that right. And, god is it a pleasure to watch Musiala with the ball at his feet.

Leave it up to me to say something negative after that shellacking but I don’t see how Sane fits on this team. I know the game was out of hand and some of Germany’s starters were already off the pitch but he’s a black hole on this team of sharers. He’s constantly driving, constantly on his left foot, and constantly not passing and the other team knows it. I hope I eat my words here but this very strong German team doesn’t need this type of player disrupting their rhythm.

And, God, after watching Tuchel coach Munich all season it was a pleasure watching Nagelsmann pull the strings today.

Leave it up to me to say something negative after that shellacking but I don’t see how Sane fits on this team. I know the game was out of hand and some of Germany’s starters were already off the pitch but he’s a black hole on this team of sharers. He’s constantly driving, constantly on his left foot, and constantly not passing and the other team knows it. I hope I eat my words here but this very strong German team doesn’t need this type of player disrupting their rhythm.

And, God, after watching Tuchel coach Munich all season it was a pleasure watching Nagelsmann pull the strings today.
C'mon, you've been a big Leroy fan all through the season and now this! ;) :)

Anything would be a pleasure after watching Teuchel.:rolleyes:

what we thinking for these two matches coming up? been pretty chalky so far...

Bel/France ML = +136....

Back