Euro 2024

France were unimpressive, took an OG for them to win. Now that I've seen Austria, I'm even more depressed that Ragnick turned down the Bayern job. :(

Down goes Belgium. Pretty shocking result.
Belgium has lost a number of players from the "Golden" team that played during the 2021 championships (the goalie, Hazard (Eden and Thor) and some current members are getting long in the tooth, Lukaku and one of my Favs--De Bruyne. Felt they might struggle to get to knock out round.

Belgium has lost a number of players from the "Golden" team that played during the 2021 championships (the goalie, Hazard (Eden and Thor) and some current members are getting long in the tooth, Lukaku and one of my Favs--De Bruyne. Felt they might struggle to get to knock out round.
They lost Kompany, Vermaelin and two of my favorites, Alderwield and Vertonghen. On top of the Hazard brothers, Moussa Dembele and Fellani, that’s a lot of leadership. Not to mention Tielmans seriously regressing. They are a shell of themselves, their backline is nothing special and Lukaku hasn’t been good now for a few years. It’s a shame they won nothing big.

Turkey-Georgia: absolute cinema! Georgia throws everything at the net for the last 10 minutes but can’t score. The kid from Real hits an absolute stunner!

Barring a total collapse from either Spain or Italy, Croatia's not making it out of the group stage.
Croatia really crapped the bed. To have their kind of lineup and probably finish last in their group is a shocker. To not close that match out against Albania of all countries is nuts. Again, all credit to them for not giving up when it looked like they were done.

And, again, Sane just disrupting things. Neuer had a great match as did the fullbacks (great play by Kimmich to keep the clean sheet) but Musiala again is just ridiculous. So happy he picked us over England.
Neuer has had a shaky moment or two. Rudiger and Tah were very solid. Havertz and Fulkrug are just not doing it for me. Kai is more athletic but can't seem to finish. Nick is just way too one dimensional, the wings and midfielders are making it happen.

England/Denmark starting now on Fox 1. Looking to see if England shows what the betting odds have made them for the tournament. Gotta get the back line stronger and hopefully Foden shows up.

England outplayed by Denmark. Passing/ball control was horrendous by England. Danes challenged Brits all over just like Serbs. The way the Brits handled the ball, I was expecting an own goal by them.

Not that I particularly care for either team but Spain dominated Italy. What a game by Donnarumma though. For all that dominance, it took a fluke own goal to get something by him.

Not that I particularly care for either team but Spain dominated Italy. What a game by Donnarumma though. For all that dominance, it took a fluke own goal to get something by him.
Agree that Spain dominated. Amazing play by 2 of their young players; Williams is exciting with the ball and his speed/agility and Yamal is a wonder at 16. Depending on their draw in the round of 16 could go far.

Back