Euro 2020 Knockout Stage

kranmars post=435820 said:
FORZA AZZURRI!!!!

Hell yes!!!!
"May The Forza Be With You"

Looking forward to Italy/Spain in the semi finals.  Love the "fast break" offense of Italy.  Mancini continues to keep them going.

Italy outplayed Belgium and earned the win. 

The golden age of Belgium soccer ended with a thud and they have nothing to show for it. I think they were overrated 

As far as Italy goes, this team is really fun to watch. They pressure  consistently and get upfield in quickly. Three or four passes and they have a scoring opportunity.

Mancini has implemented  a system that is entertaining and difficult to play against.

Gotta say Italy ran Belgium ragged.  DeBruynre looked like he was a step or two slow, probably because of the injury he suffered in the prior game and Lukaku hardly got a chance to receive the ball in an area he could do any damage in.  TYhe Italians were just quicker and more determined, love the way the pressed the ball and kept the pressure on, kinda reminded me of Bayern's style./media/kunena/emoticons/wink.png 

Felt sorry for the Swiss, that red was a killer as they basically went into a defensive shell for the last 45 minutes.  Sommer was outrageous especially in the OT.  That penalty shootout was pathetic as the pressure clearly got to both sides.

As far as the semis are concerned, Italy has all the advantage, but one thing this tourny has shown is expect the unexpected. . 

Last edited:
Anarchy against the UKraine.  They had nothing; Shevchenko should have picked himself.   England's defense very solid.    Did not need Grealish or Saka today. It's set up for them nicely playing at home in the semi and potentially Final but I picked against the Danes once and maybe their Hans Christian Eriksen fairy tale continues... 

On the other side, it would seem Italy have a little more to offer than Spain.  Too bad Spinazzola is out.

Looking forward to the semi's this week.  Italy/Spain is the better match "on paper" but the story book, feel good Denmark versus the always underachieving English "coming home".  I was glad to see England's first goal being from Kane from Sterling and Kane scoring a second goal.  They are the key to England and they are getting going right now.  Is Harry extra motivated as he is looking for a new team next year????

Root for Peru vs Brazil tonight we are prepared for a loss but hoping for a miracle  . Viva Peru !!!  [attachment=2161]1179A0F1-7BA3-4B28-BABE-D0480E5B920E.jpeg[/attachment][attachment=2162]12E2A3BA-BEEF-4974-8B94-709B4A455608.jpeg[/attachment]

Last edited:
[attachment=2163]31B359EA-F79B-4733-B1B9-CC2653CFB750.jpeg[/attachment]

Hey Mike, make you a deal. I will root for Peru tonight and you root for the team wearing this jersey tomorrow. 

Last edited:
kranmars post=436058 said:
[attachment=2163]31B359EA-F79B-4733-B1B9-CC2653CFB750.jpeg[/attachment]

Hey Mike, make you a deal. I will root for Peru tonight and you root for the team wearing this jersey tomorrow. 
Deal

mjmaherjr post=436055 said:
Root for Peru vs Brazil tonight we are prepared for a loss but hoping for a miracle  . Viva Peru !!!  
Question MJ?  Are you drinking your Bronx Beer of Pico Sours during the game.  Good Luck

BrooklynRed post=436066 said:
Root for Peru vs Brazil tonight we are prepared for a loss but hoping for a miracle  . Viva Peru !!!  
Question MJ?  Are you drinking your Bronx Beer of Pico Sours during the game.  Good Luck
Pisco Sours but it's a monday and I have a rule about drinking on sundays and mondays with work the next day at beginning of the week so I only and 2 Pisco Sours. Should have had more to dull the loss. We sucked first have Gallessi was awesome in goal. Second have played better and more aggressive just couldn't capitalize. I freaking hate brazil. Let's go Argentina. And Kranmars Nat willl never let me root foe Spain so you are all good. She hasn't forgiven them for stealing Perus gold hundreds of years ago. I'm still trying to convince her it's ok to go there on vacation :)

This country to going to shut down tomorrow night. People are fired up for “it” to “come home”.

I’m looking forward to the Italy/Spain match.

Root for Peru vs Brazil tonight we are prepared for a loss but hoping for a miracle  . Viva Peru !!!  [attachment=2161]1179A0F1-7BA3-4B28-BABE-D0480E5B920E.jpeg[/attachment][attachment=2162]12E2A3BA-BEEF-4974-8B94-709B4A455608.jpeg[/attachment]

Wow, tough loss.  Looks like the Peru goalie had an outstanding game, especially in the first half.  How many times did Neymar flop and how many times did he whine and complain to the ref?

Section9 post=436087 said:

Wow, tough loss.  Looks like the Peru goalie had an outstanding game, especially in the first half.  How many times did Neymar flop and how many times did he whine and complain to the ref?

I hate him so much. He was his usual flopper self last night but there was a lot of it in general

I hate him so much. He was his usual flopper self last night but there was a lot of it in general

Maybe Neymar was coached by Corey Maggette?  

Getting the pepperoni ready for this afternoon and the plowman's platter ready for tomorrow.  Hope I shouldn't have had chorizo and a Danish.

That’s a great idea Brooklyn. Might have to order a pizza from the great new place that just opened in Huntington. 

mjmaherjr post=436105 said:
That’s a great idea Brooklyn. Might have to order a pizza from the great new place that just opened in Huntington. 

Which new place.

The genius that I am decided to go into the office both today and tomorrow./media/kunena/emoticons/pinch.png

SJU85 post=436106 said:
mjmaherjr post=436105 said:

Which new place.

The genius that I am decided to go into the office both today and tomorrow./media/kunena/emoticons/pinch.png
Today Im working from home tomorrow might go into the office.

1653 Pizza Company. It's where Masa's was next to rust and gold. Their specialty pies are like bar pies they are phenomenal. If you like Mortadella get the Mortadella pie for sure. If ordering for 2 people try to different ones they have like 15 different pies. We ate at the bar it was like 200 degrees kinda like upper level carnesseca. Hopefully they have the AC fixed but they do ton of takeout biz. Their pastas are supposed to be excellent also

Back