EPL 2022-23

TX Redman

Starts again today and now that we have Jesus, I expect The Arsenal to reverse last seasons 3-0 debacle and beat Palace. Zinchenko is a great addition and Saliba could be the next van Dijk. Saka and Odegard will continue to shine and Martinelli will have a big season. Arteta & Edu have cleared out most all of the deadwood.

Liverpool lost Mane but gained a scientist in Darwin. Man C look weaker (Jesus, Sterling, Zinchenko out) despite adding a formidable striker in Haaland.
Dodgers owner Boehly has splashed the cash in Abramovich style and Chelsea will be dangerous and I hope to see an improved Pulisic. Likewise Tottenham have made some good additions but seem overly reliant on Kane & Son. Man U continue to transtion (yay!) and Ronaldo is a major distraction, he needs to go. Newcastle have serious oil $'s behind them and will improve from last season.

West Ham have added a bunch of new players and will be very good; Moyes always gets the best out of his team and with Rice & Bowen, they will be top 6.

Because I had great regard for Brian Clough, I hope Forest stay up. I think Southampton and Everton will struggle. Lampard first to be fired. Villa, Leicester & Leeds will be mid-table scrappers. Ditto for Wolves, Bournemouth. Brentford and Fulham will be looking up at the rest.

I think by next May it will be Liverpool, Man C., Arsenal & Spurs in that order. Everton, Brentford & Fulham to drop.

PS., the WC is in December, that will be a huge disruption.
PPS., the bigger teams (deeper squads) will benefit greatly from the new 5 sub rule.

Starts again today and now that we have Jesus, I expect The Arsenal to reverse last seasons 3-0 debacle and beat Palace. Zinchenko is a great addition and Saliba could be the next van Dijk. Saka and Odegard will continue to shine and Martinelli will have a big season. Arteta & Edu have cleared out most all of the deadwood.

Liverpool lost Mane but gained a scientist in Darwin. Man C look weaker (Jesus, Sterling, Zinchenko out) despite adding a formidable striker in Haaland.
Dodgers owner Boehly has splashed the cash in Abramovich style and Chelsea will be dangerous and I hope to see an improved Pulisic. Likewise Tottenham have made some good additions but seem overly reliant on Kane & Son. Man U continue to transtion (yay!) and Ronaldo is a major distraction, he needs to go. Newcastle have serious oil $'s behind them and will improve from last season.

West Ham have added a bunch of new players and will be very good; Moyes always gets the best out of his team and with Rice & Bowen, they will be top 6.

Because I had great regard for Brian Clough, I hope Forest stay up. I think Southampton and Everton will struggle. Lampard first to be fired. Villa, Leicester & Leeds will be mid-table scrappers. Ditto for Wolves, Bournemouth. Brentford and Fulham will be looking up at the rest.

I think by next May it will be Liverpool, Man C., Arsenal & Spurs in that order. Everton, Brentford & Fulham to drop.

PS., the WC is in December, that will be a huge disruption.
PPS., the bigger teams (deeper squads) will benefit greatly from the new 5 sub rule.
A little wildly optimistic assessment of the Gunners talent, no? They seemed underwhelming against a CP side that missed two early chances but really didn't offer much resistance.

BTW, Mane has already scored as many goals in one game as the Gunners side did, not counting own goals.;)

Gonna be an interesting season. I like the Zinchenko move from Ars but I’m not as sold on Jesus as the number 10. Still, they should be improved. Martinelli, Saka, Odegaard all a year older.

As far as my team, I’m looking forward to it. This could finally be the season we lift something. I had to change my avy because Levy has actually backed our gaffer for once. Love Kulu and Cuti and very excited to see Bissouma in the middle. Can Skippy stay healthy? Southgate leaving Dier off the English squad is bananas. Conte just gets maximum effort from his players and Ben Davies is an excellent example of that.

Man City is the team to beat in my eyes. If Chelsea can get another player or two before the window closes they are a player and I’m not as high on Liverpool this season. We’ll see though, Klopp is a top manager.

DeBruyne-Haaland linkup gonna be sick this season NGL. They’re raving about Haaland right now, but what a perfectly weighted pass by 17. Best middie in the PL, no doubt in my mind.

Unbelieveable right now--at the 35 minute mark Brentford up on Man U. 4-0

PS City beat Bournmouth 4-0 and De Bruyne scored

Lol, what do I say after that?

Lucky point in two ways. Blatant fouls before both goals and outplayed imo. It does show the team’s character to get that point at the death though. Perisic with unbelievable precision and Kane doing what he does.

The Conte/Tuchel mess. How does Conte get the red? He shakes the guys hand and Tuchel clearly squeezes his hand and draws him in. Anyway…it’s only week 2 right? 😂

ManU finally got out of last place with a win over Liverpool. Sancho’s goal was a beauty but how do you give him so much time in the box without closing in?

Message sent sitting McGuire , Shaw and Ronaldo (who did get in late in the second half). Might be awhile for former two to get back in the starting lineup the way there replacements played and the defense in general.

In all fairness, Maguire is not very good. He’s championship, low side of the PL table level. His keeper is always reluctant to pass him the ball which speaks volumes to what is thought of him. The money paid and the captain’s band is what keeps him in the starting XI most of the time, imo. One of the worst PL signings ever.

Shaw is a good player, just inconsistent and Ronaldo isn’t happy there. Maybe that’ll change with a couple more good results.

In all fairness, Maguire is not very good. He’s championship, low side of the PL table level. His keeper is always reluctant to pass him the ball which speaks volumes to what is thought of him. The money paid and the captain’s band is what keeps him in the starting XI most of the time, imo. One of the worst PL signings ever.

Shaw is a good player, just inconsistent and Ronaldo isn’t happy there. Maybe that’ll change with a couple more good results.
I agree with you 100% on Maguire and Shaw who I had thought had gotten over his I inconsistent play two seasons ago only to have them comeback last year.

Ronaldo doesn’t appear to b going anywhere so hopefully he gets with the program and contributes.

I agree with you 100% on Maguire and Shaw who I had thought had gotten over his I inconsistent play two seasons ago only to have them comeback last year.

Ronaldo doesn’t appear to b going anywhere so hopefully he gets with the program and contributes.
Ronaldo is about Ronaldo, period. He's a great player but he's #1, the team a distant #2. He might contribute because he's that good, but only because it suits him

A pause in the action for QE2. Gives Partey, Elneny and Smith-Rowe a chance to recuperate.

Separately, I thought the All or Nothing: Arsenal on Amazon was ok but what I am really enjoying is Welcome to Wrexham on Hulu. Good insights into how tough it is in the lower leagues for a club that is struggling with bad former owners. The behind the scenes / at home interviews with fans and players is excellent. No flash Lamborghini's here!

A pause in the action for QE2. Gives Partey, Elneny and Smith-Rowe a chance to recuperate.

Separately, I thought the All or Nothing: Arsenal on Amazon was ok but what I am really enjoying is Welcome to Wrexham on Hulu. Good insights into how tough it is in the lower leagues for a club that is struggling with bad former owners. The behind the scenes / at home interviews with fans and players is excellent. No flash Lamborghini's here!
I’ve watched the first 4 episodes and I agree, it’s a good show. So much history to that club and the town wears it on its sleeve. I’m currently binging The Wire (finally) so now that I’ve fallen down that rabbit hole, hopefully I can catch up soon.

Man City destoyed Man U today. Haaland was incredible with a hat trick and now has 14 goals in 8 games, more than 14 teams in the Premier League. Ronaldo was a DNP as Ten Hag kept him out as a matter of respect???? Something is going to give at Man U.

Man U with a nice rebound win yesterday vs Everton. Ronaldo came off the bench for an injured Martial to score what was the game winner in the first half. Had to hold on for dear life in the 4 minute stoppage time at the end.

Still sticking with my OG post about this season. Ars has impressed but I still think MC is the cream of the crop in this league. At this point, imo, both Ars and Tot make CL.

Man, my Spurs confound me. Have to win on Wednesday. Need Kulusevski back. Conte needs to get Doherty and Spence on the pitch more often. Spence has the kind of speed you can’t teach. Winning at Brighton is a big 3 points, but this team needs to finish like they are capable of.

Still sticking with my OG post about this season. Ars has impressed but I still think MC is the cream of the crop in this league. At this point, imo, both Ars and Tot make CL.

Man, my Spurs confound me. Have to win on Wednesday. Need Kulusevski back. Conte needs to get Doherty and Spence on the pitch more often. Spence has the kind of speed you can’t teach. Winning at Brighton is a big 3 points, but this team needs to finish like they are capable of.
I agree that MC again the class of the league. Just hoping Man U can sneak into the fourth spot for a shot at the CL next year.

Manu 2 - Tottenham 0

Big win for Manu but LLoris was outstanding in goal for the Spurs as he keep them in the game. The two that went in were on a deflection that and a laser strike from strike from Fernandes.

Manu 2 - Tottenham 0

Big win for Manu but LLoris was outstanding in goal for the Spurs as he keep them in the game. The two that went in were on a deflection that and a laser strike from strike from Fernandes.
Horrendous game from Spurs. This team misses Kulusevski a little too much. Conte doesn’t sub anyone off until the 82nd minute? And…what the hell does Spence have to do to play? Kid has wheels…let’s see what he’s got.

Back