EPL 2022-23

Winter Break Champions! Thank you Brentford. Delighted of course at this stage. Saliba has been excellent, back four in general very solid. Xhaka has been a revelation in an advanced role with Partey frequently bossing the middle. Saka & Martinelli a constant threat. While Jesus hasn't scored as many as he should, he has been a menace. The squad is probably not deep enough to maintain this pace. After the first XI, things drop off. Be good to get Smith-Rowe & Tomiyasu back and keep Zinchenko fit.

Did not think Haaland would be as good as he is or that Liverpool would miss Mane as much as they do. Newcastle are playing really well...

Be interesting to see how teams reset after the WC. Injuries, new signings, new managers, tactics etc. After tomorrow, no more action until Boxing Day!

Starts again today and now that we have Jesus, I expect The Arsenal to reverse last seasons 3-0 debacle and beat Palace. Zinchenko is a great addition and Saliba could be the next van Dijk. Saka and Odegard will continue to shine and Martinelli will have a big season. Arteta & Edu have cleared out most all of the deadwood.

Liverpool lost Mane but gained a scientist in Darwin. Man C look weaker (Jesus, Sterling, Zinchenko out) despite adding a formidable striker in Haaland.
Dodgers owner Boehly has splashed the cash in Abramovich style and Chelsea will be dangerous and I hope to see an improved Pulisic. Likewise Tottenham have made some good additions but seem overly reliant on Kane & Son. Man U continue to transtion (yay!) and Ronaldo is a major distraction, he needs to go. Newcastle have serious oil $'s behind them and will improve from last season.

West Ham have added a bunch of new players and will be very good; Moyes always gets the best out of his team and with Rice & Bowen, they will be top 6.

Because I had great regard for Brian Clough, I hope Forest stay up. I think Southampton and Everton will struggle. Lampard first to be fired. Villa, Leicester & Leeds will be mid-table scrappers. Ditto for Wolves, Bournemouth. Brentford and Fulham will be looking up at the rest.

I think by next May it will be Liverpool, Man C., Arsenal & Spurs in that order. Everton, Brentford & Fulham to drop.

PS., the WC is in December, that will be a huge disruption.
PPS., the bigger teams (deeper squads) will benefit greatly from the new 5 sub rule.

Boo with the Brentford hate. They are hanging around mid pack.

My 3 yr old son tonight asked if I can take him back to a Brentford game.

Winter Break Champions! Thank you Brentford. Delighted of course at this stage. Saliba has been excellent, back four in general very solid. Xhaka has been a revelation in an advanced role with Partey frequently bossing the middle. Saka & Martinelli a constant threat. While Jesus hasn't scored as many as he should, he has been a menace. The squad is probably not deep enough to maintain this pace. After the first XI, things drop off. Be good to get Smith-Rowe & Tomiyasu back and keep Zinchenko fit.

Did not think Haaland would be as good as he is or that Liverpool would miss Mane as much as they do. Newcastle are playing really well...

Be interesting to see how teams reset after the WC. Injuries, new signings, new managers, tactics etc. After tomorrow, no more action until Boxing Day!
After what Brentford defense did with Haaland other teams will be concentraiting on him. Pep may have to rethink his usage.

Hard to believe no EPL until after Christmas.

Well, almost halfway and things could not have gone much better. Two big games left in Jan: United at home and City at the Etihad. Could be season defining. Surprised the Mudryk deal fell through. Boehly has spent half a billion in six months, crazy!

Well, almost halfway and things could not have gone much better. Two big games left in Jan: United at home and City at the Etihad. Could be season defining. Surprised the Mudryk deal fell through. Boehly has spent half a billion in six months, crazy!
Hope Edu rope a doped Chelsea into Mudryk and Felix and goes and gets who he really wants.

This team is in shambles and as usual Levy and ENIC too friggin cheap to do anything about it. Any team with any ambition just signs and pays the player, not the constant finagling and cheapskate BS they pull with every other club. Eriksen was begging to come back too, ON A FREE, and we said “nah, we’re good.” The other top teams target players and sign them. We play footsie until another team swoops in which is gonna happen with Porro and Zaniolo.

So sick of this crap. Look at our back line. Look at this team. Keep Kulu, Richy, Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Romero. Sell Kane because he’s been loyal. Let him win something. Son looks defeated. Play Forster. Play Spence. Play Sarr. This team is cooked in January. Focus on the FA Cup 1st and Champions League 2nd. God knows we’re not playing in that next season.

Feel worst for Conte. This is what every other manager has had to deal with. I thought maybe, just maybe, that had changed, but the crap with Porro tells me nothing has changed.

#freedjedspence #enicout #levyout

^^^ I suspect your mood isn't any better this evening. At HT I was ecstatic. That second half by City has me worried. Long way to go. I know Son was off the boil before he got the head injury but he has been really poor lately. Lloris is a liability. I think Conte is ready to go back to Italy. Maybe Poch will return? My brother is a huge Spurs fan, attended a game at the new stadium last year. I will hold off on texting him for a few days. Hoping Man U miss Casemiro on Sun as much as everyone thinks they will, we need to avenge the loss at OT.

^^^ I suspect your mood isn't any better this evening. At HT I was ecstatic. That second half by City has me worried. Long way to go. I know Son was off the boil before he got the head injury but he has been really poor lately. Lloris is a liability. I think Conte is ready to go back to Italy. Maybe Poch will return? My brother is a huge Spurs fan, attended a game at the new stadium last year. I will hold off on texting him for a few days. Hoping Man U miss Casemiro on Sun as much as everyone thinks they will, we need to avenge the loss at OT.
If we don’t get the kind of depth every other team in the top 6 has and Levy keeps playing the cheapskate, then I wouldn’t blame Conte for leaving. And then…what kind of manager with any ambition would want to work for owners more interested in showing off their building and how much money they can make? Poch would be the only one because he truly loves the club. God knows, and so should he, they won’t back him either, they already didn’t. We’ll always be some supposed rag-tag bunch playing in a stadium built for the best of the best.

I’m hoping there’s some truth to those Kuwaiti rumors because at this point I just want the whole ENIC collective gone. Cash out and take your money.

This sack of shit club I support is exactly that…shit. I cannot take these loser players who keep playing week in and week out, no matter their performance. As long as Levy and Lewis and ENIC run this club we’ll never be a serious contender for anything. We’ll just try to get top 4 every year to make a profit while the Beyonce’s of the world and the NFL make them money. This team is embarrassing. Everton is a terrible team and we have a 1-0 lead up a man, and we sit back the entire time and bring Moura on. Danjuma is getting the Spence treatment. I’m tired of it.

City wins and closes to 3 behind Arsenal but have 7 goal differential. Wednesday, April 26 is the Big game for the EPL.

Monthly reminder that Eriksen was basically begging to come back to Spurs on a free and we let him go to MU. And, it was otr that Conte liked him too from the Inter days. So infuriating that a player like him with his history with the club who showed he could still play at Brentford last season is doing with a rival club. One of my older shirts I still wear with pride.

So happy we lost to Bournemouth yesterday. I’m done even trying to fake it. I hate the coaching staff, I hate most of the (seemingly) apathetic players and I especially have ENIC. No CL means less money; more of a chance they may sell. 🙏

Take back what I said. Now Arsenal will finish behind City.

Hope Liverpool fans are happy seeing City win another
The Gunners played to a Tie at home with Southampton (bottom of league) today. Lead City by 5 points but City has 2 games in hand and City/Arsenal game is coming up nest Wednesday.

Back