Dingle/Ledlum court case

This case will likely be decided by the date players have to withdraw from nba draft. I believe that date is May 29. That is drop dead date. That is rubicon for their future eligibility. Injunction will be decided by then. This is state court. Motion will be decided on affidavits and legal memoranda. No evidentiary hearing or trial—just oral argument by counsel. Waiver was denied by ncaa this week. Suit was filed immediately. Jackson Lewis a well respected law firm.

I get the course work continuation argument, but school can allow them to finish school without playing. Likely spending more on the lawsuit than the tuition ( & room & board) really costs. Doesn't need to be athletic scholarship.
Likely suit was filed pro bono or on a contingency—players likely not paying hourly rates for counsel.

As someone who was forced to watch a lot of Matlock growing up, I can say with full confidence that Ledlum and Dingle are going to be vindicated so long as Ben, Michelle and Tyler are able to convince the star witness to come forward and testify that Charlie Baker did in fact poison the heiress and rewrite her will.
Just make sure Ben has his hot dog and wears his searsucker suit

Is it possible they win the case and player(s) go to a different school?
Im trying to figure out how that might work. Because right now they technically have been told they have no eligibility so there is no transfer portal for them to enter into. If the ncaa later says they have extra eligibility, I wonder if the portal would open for them temporarily. Also would have to think, SJU pushing the lawsuit would mean they are committed to playing for SJU but guess you can’t take anything for granted when it comes to that.

Im trying to figure out how that might work. Because right now they technically have been told they have no eligibility so there is no transfer portal for them to enter into. If the ncaa later says they have extra eligibility, I wonder if the portal would open for them temporarily. Also would have to think, SJU pushing the lawsuit would mean they are committed to playing for SJU but guess you can’t take anything for granted when it comes to that.
Knowing the NCAA in that situation they would say under their new rule that grad transfers are under same deadline rules as undergrads they can transfer to another school but would have to sit out a year (vindictive bastards).

If the TRO/injunction happens before May 1, I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed to enter the portal. But if it happens after, I don't think the courts would give them an additional deadline to enter the portal. I looked at the first four pages of that tweet, and none of the antitrust stuff was about wanting to hop into the portal so it doesn't seem to be part of their case.

Knowing the NCAA in that situation they would say under their new rule that grad transfers are under same deadline rules as undergrads they can transfer to another school but would have to sit out a year (vindictive bastards).
They don’t need the trsnsfer
Portal. They are already at St. John’s.

If Dingles last 7 games of the year were how he played the whole season, he would have contented for an all BE team. He finally got comfortable and looked confident out there. Theres no situation where we don’t benefit greatly from him coming back.
100% agree; all-in on these 2 young men. Quality guys & players & both would make the team incredibly deep, and hungry.

Back when they made a big deal of how old Andrew Gaze was when he played at Seton Hall. He was just shy of his 24th birthday when he took the Pirates to the NCAA finals. Today that would be kind of ordinary.

Yes preliminary injunction will effectively decide case. Trial would take years. Season would be long over. But the injundtion will be decided quickly.
Like the one that overthrew the multi transfer rule.

Back