Dingle/Ledlum court case

Completely agree. Even if they were part of second unit they’d be great. Could see Dingle as kind of a Vin Johnson (dating myself) off the bench.
The Microwave !!!

He made a ton of $ post NBA

If Dingles last 7 games of the year were how he played the whole season, he would have contented for an all BE team. He finally got comfortable and looked confident out there. Theres no situation where we don’t benefit greatly from him coming back.

I completely disagree and the committee excuse is old. The team had some bad losses early on.

Last year showed Ledlum’s ceiling. That ceiling is not going to be higher if he comes back

Just think we can do better

I completely disagree and the committee excuse is old. The team had some bad losses early on.

Last year showed Ledlum’s ceiling. That ceiling is not going to be higher if he comes back

Big difference is that Ledlum would be our third string PF

I get that. But last year had Conway, Davis, Ayo, Traore and a Freshman Brady. This year everybody on the team minus Ayo is going to want and expect minutes
Guys know who is on the roster already.

They understand you can't play 14 guys at once.

So I would not worry about them thinking they are all going to start.

They know who their coach is.

Last edited:
And for those who thought Dingle was not serious about his waiver well he clearly wants it since he is a party to the lawsuit.

And Roger Rubin quotes him as saying he wants to come back...

And btw if you really think this was the "worst year" that Pitino had as opposed to thinking it was just alot of bluster/frustration from Pitino, do you really think in addition to bringing back a number of key players he would be encouraging these guys to come back with an additional year? If he hated them and thought they were the "worst" why would he allow this, he would tell them find a new home and try this..no?

He did not hate last year's team and he was very motivated at the end to coach them in the NCAA's just did not work out.

If Dingles last 7 games of the year were how he played the whole season, he would have contented for an all BE team. He finally got comfortable and looked confident out there. Theres no situation where we don’t benefit greatly from him coming back.
Exactly & one thing Pitino values tremendously is experience. Also a proven, well liked teammate v the unknown of some portal guys.

We won 20 games with them. The metrics were good enough. Not making the tournament was more of the committee and bid stealers doing .I would take them back in a heartbeat.
Part of the rationale will be that they be able to finish their course work with the exception. Both these guys are willing to come off the bench. Ayo becomes the odd man out.
This would be the most stacked team in a quarter century at St. John's.

Not a law wizard by any stretch but don't these type of things usually take a while to be resolved in the court system? Don't both of them have to decide whether or not they are entering the draft or retaining their college eligibility (if they win the court case) before a certain date that may arrive before this is resolved in court?
The main thing is getting a TRO I think. And there is a good chance of that.

We will do better. He will hopefully be a bench player and in that role he will be excellent

Part of the rationale will be that they be able to finish their course work with the exception. Both these guys are willing to come off the bench. Ayo becomes the odd man out.
This would be the most stacked team in a quarter century at St. John's.
I get the course work continuation argument, but school can allow them to finish school without playing. Likely spending more on the lawsuit than the tuition ( & room & board) really costs. Doesn't need to be athletic scholarship.

With 100% confidence i'll say this...the school has done right by these young men in their legal cause. They were told they had no case, the school has suppprted and fought for them and stood behind them. I actually think they win this case

As someone who was forced to watch a lot of Matlock growing up, I can say with full confidence that Ledlum and Dingle are going to be vindicated so long as Ben, Michelle and Tyler are able to convince the star witness to come forward and testify that Charlie Baker did in fact poison the heiress and rewrite her will.

Back