Dingle/Ledlum court case

St. John's is a NY school (if St. John's is named here not sure if they are) and Ledlum/Dingle are NY residents. Also they will have to provide damages exceeding $75,000 but I don't think that's the issue here. I think the issue is injunctive relief to play now and if they want to go over $75,000 they will have to prove that they lost a promised NIL or something over $75,000 if not playing this season but even that is hard because this 5th year was always in the air. I personally think Federal Question is easier threshold but I guess they did not go that route here.
Since the plaintiffs and the ncaa are from different states, I think the only issue is the $75k. I didn’t check to see whether the suit sought damages. If just injunctive relief, agree it needs to be in state court. Otherwise will be interesting to see if NCAa seems to remove it to federal court.

Think about it in these terms. If Dingle was a portal entry 3 weeks ago, conservatively he'd be a top 25-30 guy. By all accounts that a huge addition to any team in the country...let alone one that is potentially adding two of the top 5-6 guys in the portal to boot.

It's going to be as equal of a home run as those two hypothetical names we're discussing, if Dingle gets the green light ruling.
I don’t follow. As long as Dingle hits the portal by the deadline he should still have options if he’s declared eligible. If he wants the $ he should still have options.

I don’t follow. As long as Dingle hits the portal by the deadline he should still have options if he’s declared eligible. If he wants the $ he should still have options.
my comment was directed towards the previous one saying "Rick can do better" than bringing these guys back, specifically DIngle. Him knowing the system, being a year 2 player who was rounding into form and comfort late in the year, while being a double digit scorer at the 2 guard and three point shooter is a massive addition.

so i framed it in context of if he was a "regular" portal addition he'd be a big time add for anyone...

If we land Kadary + Omier and Dingle comes back we're a top 10-15 team IMO. Bart's rostercast would push us to 10th if that happens with a lot of portal adds still to go around the country so would likely drop a few spots.

After Kadary and Omier the main need would be an off ball scorer at the 2. Dingle would be as good as we can get there. Obviously would prefer him to be a little bit more of a sniper from 3 but as I said we wouldn't be able to do better than him. He'd be a solid fit with the rest of the roster

If we land Kadary + Omier and Dingle comes back we're a top 10-15 team IMO. Bart's rostercast would push us to 10th if that happens with a lot of portal adds still to go around the country so would likely drop a few spots.

After Kadary and Omier the main need would be an off ball scorer at the 2. Dingle would be as good as we can get there. Obviously would prefer him to be a little bit more of a sniper from 3 but as I said we wouldn't be able to do better than him. He'd be a solid fit with the rest of the roster
Spot on post

Dingle gaining a lot of comfortability with Pitino and having last year under his belt really makes this a no brainer.

my comment was directed towards the previous one saying "Rick can do better" than bringing these guys back, specifically DIngle. Him knowing the system, being a year 2 player who was rounding into form and comfort late in the year, while being a double digit scorer at the 2 guard and three point shooter is a massive addition.

so i framed it in context of if he was a "regular" portal addition he'd be a big time add for anyone...
Do those 7 games override his poor play most of the season? Im not sure it does.

Since the plaintiffs and the ncaa are from different states, I think the only issue is the $75k. I didn’t check to see whether the suit sought damages. If just injunctive relief, agree it needs to be in state court. Otherwise will be interesting to see if NCAa seems to remove it to federal court.
NCAA is a citizen of every state in which it has a member school.

Jordan did not have a great season but he’s talented and knows the system. I’d welcome him back with open arms and he would start
He had a good last 3 rd of the season . He started looking for the mid range jumper , instead of the 3 and it opened up the floor for him to drive and get to the Rim occasionally .
He can shoot and you never have enough shooters .
We didn’t have enough last year .

We still need the deep 3 threat though . No one knows better than RP the value of getting 3 points rather than 2 .

Back