Daniss Jenkins

He is the agony and the ecstasy. Love his tenacity and competitiveness hate when does not hit the man running down the court with him. dont mind the 3s with the shot clock running out hate the bombs with 19 secs on the clock

Jenkins is doing all he can, IMO. He is playing within himself, for the most part. He just is not a point guard, but we don't have anyone else (maybe Davis could have given us some minutes there, if he had stayed healthy?).

Not getting Walter Clayton was a bigger defeat, than any victory we got in transfer portal this offseason.

Pitino, not having the time to get into the portal as he would have liked had three misses which are all related and have resulted in chaos.
1 Walter Clayton passing on SJU
2 A J Storr leeaving SJU
3 Dingle, who was counted on to provide backcourt help and shooting skills to make up for 1 and 2 misses has not been able to do that, If he is unable to raise his performance SJU will continue to struggle.

something to keep in mind from someone who knows better than anyone - when chastising #5 - this team is no where this season without him

I strongly disagree. I think we would be much better off without him. That doesn’t mean I think anyone on the roster is a better PG than him, but we would be more balanced and smarter offensively. He dictates way too much of our offense for his talent and skill level.

Maybe Kolby King, who is a better PG, sticks around if Jenkins didn’t commit here? Even if he didn’t we probably land a reasonably capable PG who would play within his abilities.

Jenkins can’t defend the position and he can’t play it well offensively.

Peyton Siva was a demon on defense and averages less than 7 shots a game. He knew his weakness.

Back