Daniss Jenkins

Real time Marillac reading that post
RP has always been incredibly loyal to his Players and I think he had special admiration for Jenkins .
If Rick touts Jenkins abilities to NBA Teams I am sure more than a few listen to his assessments .
In hindsight , although a fantasy , it would have possibly been a even more successful season if Clayton jr had transferred as well .
I think RP had visions of that tandem running wild in the BE .

Personally, I don't see any way Jenkins gets drafted, even in such a weak draft. However, I do think it's quite possible he can latch on to a team as an undrafted free agent, maybe on a two way contract. With him being such a quality individual and leader, on top of the skillset he possesses, I don't see why he couldn't have an impact to what JaKarr Sampson was able to do in the right situation, or to a lesser extent Champagnie (but not necessarily as a starter).

I'm willing to bet a large amount that DJ will be playing summer league at the very least in a few weeks and I think there's a strong chance he ends up like Julian with a 2 way contract for someone eventually. He's got a ton of intangibles as a guard that work in the NBA. He can shoot, he can run an offense, he's got great size for an NBA guard and he can defend. He would be a great bench piece for a winning team.

Personally, I don't see any way Jenkins gets drafted, even in such a weak draft. However, I do think it's quite possible he can latch on to a team as an undrafted free agent, maybe on a two way contract. With him being such a quality individual and leader, on top of the skillset he possesses, I don't see why he couldn't have an impact to what JaKarr Sampson was able to do in the right situation, or to a lesser extent Champagnie (but not necessarily as a starter).
Jenkins couldn’t get drafted in North Korea.

I'm willing to bet a large amount that DJ will be playing summer league at the very least in a few weeks and I think there's a strong chance he ends up like Julian with a 2 way contract for someone eventually. He's got a ton of intangibles as a guard that work in the NBA. He can shoot, he can run an offense, he's got great size for an NBA guard and he can defend. He would be a great bench piece for a winning team.
Mullin’s Revenge could play summer league.

Jenkins will be in the G-League. Outside of general improvement in all areas, the two things he has to do to have any real chance of making a roster is: being more comfortable initiating contact/getting to the foul line/making baskets in crowded spaces, and his defense. Those two things are just not close to being up to par. Someone with his ability and quickness should've been averaging a lot more than 2 FTAs

The BE usually does not get a lot of kids drafted. While this year’s Draft isn’t considered Elite .

The BE might do well with Castle, Clingan , Carter , Kolek,being pretty well locks .

Additionally Schierman will probably be late 1st or 2nd round .

A surprise to me is that Tristan Newtown , BE POY doesn’t get much respect in the Draft . At least , that seems to be the case on him so far .

I don’t understand that . He was a terrific player for UCONN the last 2 years

Ersin Demir's Free Agency Guide Part II...Daniss Jenkins positive profile, #5...

Ersin Demir's Free Agency Guide Part II...Daniss Jenkins positive profile, #5...

This quote below from the article is a good example of why you have to take some of these scouting reports with a grain of salt.

Where Jenkins was a ball-dominant guard at Iona, he got more accustomed to sharing the ball-handling duties among his teammates at St. John’s, a positive development that has to continue in the G League.

This quote below from the article is a good example of why you have to take some of these scouting reports with a grain of salt.

Where Jenkins was a ball-dominant guard at Iona, he got more accustomed to sharing the ball-handling duties among his teammates at St. John’s, a positive development that has to continue in the G League.

What games did this guy watch?

What games did this guy watch?
Not totally laughable. DJ 's APG improved 10% YOY on 9% fewer minutes.
He also shot it 5% less per game than at Iona in 2022-'23, but on fewer MPG, so that's a wash.
All-in-all, one of our better players last year and did energize our offense, despite being a bit of a 'chucker'.

Not totally laughable. DJ 's APG improved 10% YOY on 9% fewer minutes.
He also shot it 5% less per game than at Iona in 2022-'23, but on fewer MPG, so that's a wash.
All-in-all, one of our better players last year and did energize our offense, despite being a bit of a 'chucker'.
The point I was making was guys who watched a lot of Iona the year before talked about how Daniss & Clayton shared point guard duties and the ball whereas with SJU Daniss was clearly ball dominant. Had nothing to do with whether he was a good player for us (he was) or his shots but the author seemed to have the seasons reversed with this comment - Where Jenkins was a ball-dominant guard at Iona, he got more accustomed to sharing the ball-handling duties among his teammates at St. John’s,

Back