Creighton (MSG), Sun., Feb. 25, 12 Noon, CBS

Rick is a basketball genius. He carefully scripted his callout of individual players knowing that he would then apologize and then cause the team to run the table! 😆😆

I don't think that will be enough. Will still need 1 win in the BET after that to just be in the conversation.

Also have to remember there's a good chance the bubble will shrink by a spot or two and maybe more with weird autobid teams emerging. Need Dayton to win the A10 tourney otherwise that's one less at large spot.
Love this new rotation. Best defensive performance of the year. Pitino game plan was perfect.

If we can win at Butler I'll feel very good about our chances. Don't see us losing to Depaul or Gtown at MSG in what could be a huge game.
Yup, but wouldn’t it sum up the last 30 seasons beating Butler (won’t be easy) then fubaring the game at home vs GTown. Cynical I know. Bless me Father for I have suffered…

Last edited:
Will Marallac concede Jenkins great game?
I understand we all get on marillac for his Jenkins posting but he’s given Jenkins props after a few games this year. I remember him praising Jenkins after our win against xavier.

Okay that was awhile ago but still 😂

Idk if noted elsewhere but I'm told the broadcast said we lost 7 games before this where we lead at half, for 4th worst in cbb. Not today. Team has not quit. All this bs about the demise of CRP is put to rest. Genius move in using Taylor today. And Jenkins and dingle today was the backcourt we had hope to see all season. Great fun today

I will find you and wash your mouth out with soap for this post.
me if someone writes “Jenkins is a better D’Angelo Harrison out there!”

angry liam neeson GIF

me if someone writes “Jenkins is a better D’Angelo Harrison out there!”

angry liam neeson GIF
No one said Jenkins was better than anyone. I simply said that early in the season, his style of play reminded me of Marcus Hatten, and over the 2nd half of the season, he's played at a Marcus Hatten level. He's basically been the only player on our team that we can count on game in and game out, and today he was huge.

I don't think that will be enough. Will still need 1 win in the BET after that to just be in the conversation.

Also have to remember there's a good chance the bubble will shrink by a spot or two and maybe more with weird autobid teams emerging. Need Dayton to win the A10 tourney otherwise that's one less at large spot.
Agree re: conference tournament bid stealers.

I actually meant if win out and win a game in the Big East Tournament, then I think we're dancing. Win out and win two in the Big East Tournament and I'll feel rather confident going into Selection Sunday.

Post game notes:

This game was won on defense, and for my money Glenn Taylor was the player of the game. Ledlum was also huge on defense, rebounding and loose balls.

Jenkins played his best game of the season from a scoring standpoint, primarily because a few more of his hero-ball shots than usual went in. And although he has a few low IQ plays, they didn't hurt us this time.

Would not underestimate the fact that Wilcher was given minutes and played well in minimizing the potential Jenkins downside. Sim is coming along very nicely.

Very happy to see Dingle have a productive game - it looked to me as though the offensive focus was to take shots from around the free throw line and that plays perfectly into his game.

The reffing was pretty bad both ways. And in all seriousness I do think we benefited some from a Creighton letdown. But will take the win - hopefully we can get one at Butler and make things interesting going into the BET.

Idk if noted elsewhere but I'm told the broadcast said we lost 7 games before this where we lead at half, for 4th worst in cbb. Not today. Team has not quit. All this bs about the demise of CRP is put to rest. Genius move in using Taylor today. And Jenkins and dingle today was the backcourt we had hope to see all season. Great fun today

May possibly have been a genius move TO NOT BENCH HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE

Back