Creighton (MSG), Sun., Feb. 25, 12 Noon, CBS

I've said a few times Creighton is actually a decent scheme matchup for us based on the fact our defense is set up to run teams of the 3 point line and their defense is designed to allow teams to shoot from the midrange. Even with that this was the most complete game against any team aside from the Villanova games.

Dingle's best game as a Johnny by far. Jenkins has been great all year and today may have been his best game too. Sim looked more comfortable out there and hit some huge shots. Imagine how good we'd be if the backcourt played this well with just a little bit of consistency.

Taylor with 4 pts, 10 rebs, 6 assists. Wow.

Solid game from Ledlum.

Wasn't a huge box score game for Soriano but he held his own against Kalkbrenner.

Unfortunately this team dug too deep a hole to dig out of in regards to the NCAA Tournament but good to get some good press on our side once again

Disagree with your last point. This win puts us back on the bubble.

No turnovers and hit those FTs that are coming. I don’t care how it happens but we better have at least 1 more point than them at the end of this.
Jenkins will make the 2 nd or 3 rd team BE All Star team . If he doesn’t , it’s a injustice .
Other Coaches value him more than our fan base .
Some of our fan base anyway.
Taylor played a great defensive game and rebounded well .

Rick please please please tighten up the rotation!! No more Zuby/Traore combos, keep Luis's butt nailed to the bench until he buys in or until his shin splints heal(and he buys in), use Dunlap and Conway only situationally, etc etc.
Luis is an important bench piece this year if we’re going to make noise in March

This win also gives us a much better chance of avoiding the 8/9 BET game with UConn looming for the winner.

Xavier at 7-8

DePaul
@Gtown
@Butler
Marquette

Nova at 8-8

Georgetown
@PC
@Seton Hall
Creighton

Can’t change what might have been, but a very faint light still on if they can play each and every remaining game this way.
Rick deserves an A for his coaching today. If not for that stretch in the first half where he had that odd lineup up in, and they made a run, I'd have given him an A+. Not only does the team need to bring its A+ game the rest of the way(if we hope to dance), but so does Rick.

A win on Wednesday and I think we're dancing.
I don't think that will be enough. Will still need 1 win in the BET after that to just be in the conversation.

Also have to remember there's a good chance the bubble will shrink by a spot or two and maybe more with weird autobid teams emerging. Need Dayton to win the A10 tourney otherwise that's one less at large spot.

Back