College Football Stuff

What a waste of a bowl season for college football. With all the portal and prepare for nfl draft guys opting out it is so dumb. Not to mention it makes it so much more difficult to bet any of these games.

Please March madness never come to this.

What a waste of a bowl season for college football. With all the portal and prepare for nfl draft guys opting out it is so dumb. Not to mention it makes it so much more difficult to bet any of these games.

Can players receiving NIL, opt out of playing in Bowl Games? Would seem unfair to donors, if so.

Can players receiving NIL, opt out of playing in Bowl Games? Would seem unfair to donors, if so.
Good question and yes unfair for sure to those donating money to them. I would guess yes since a lot of top guys have opted out. Technically it’s not part of their regular season schedule when the season starts so if they make a bowl or not the NIL isn’t considered part of this?

Good question and yes unfair for sure to those donating money to them. I would guess yes since a lot of top guys have opted out. Technically it’s not part of their regular season schedule when the season starts so if they make a bowl or not the NIL isn’t considered part of this?
That's a good question. I thought of that yesterday. My son goes to Maryland so I watched there bowl game against Auburn. I follow the team a little but other then the obvious like Tua's brother opting out, I couldn't keep track of who has entered the transfer portal and who opted out let alone what Auburn's situation was which I would have no idea. It was more of a spring practice.

Heck of a game between Bama and Michigan. So glad Michigan won after obvious politics got either Bama or Texas in over FSU. While Bama may have been deserving, they couldn’t keep Texas out if they let Bama in.

Heck of a game between Bama and Michigan. So glad Michigan won after obvious politics got either Bama or Texas in over FSU. While Bama may have been deserving, they couldn’t keep Texas out if they let Bama in.
You still think FSU deserved to get in after losing the bowl game by 60 points?

Washington/Texas game is interesting. Penix is a heck of a story. Kid can throw the ball. Legit pocket passer but might not be available for a NYteam in the draft.

Washington/Texas game is interesting. Penix is a heck of a story. Kid can throw the ball. Legit pocket passer but might not be available for a NYteam in the draft.
He will be there for either NY team because he's not one of the Top 3 QB's (Caleb, Drake and Jayden). He seems perfect for a team late in the 1st round to either pick or trade back into the 1st and take to be a caddy for a year. Issue is he's electric but he's a walking medical chart. That's the reason why he's not in the same breath as the Top 3.

Some would even argue McCarthy is 4th. He has the tools but many think he was held back at Michigan based on their system. Will be interesting to see where Penix goes.

You still think FSU deserved to get in after losing the bowl game by 60 points?

Yes and I’ll tell you why. There were several FSU players ( including a receiver who is considered a first round draft pick) who opted out of the game. I also believed that they earned the game. What does it say to your team if you don’t support them getting in? When a good player goes down, don’t bother trying to win cause it doesn’t matter any more?

In a common opponent during the season, FSU beat LSU 45-24, Bama beat LSU by 21. FSU also had a harder road then Bama having to win with not just a 2nd but a third string QB.

I know I know the argument that they may not be competitive but with all the opt outs, who really knows? But clearly FSU earned the right to be there and were screwed and I’m in no way an FSU fan. Ask yourself this, if Bamas starting QB went down and they were undefeated or had one loss would they have been kept out???? Clearly the decision was money/politically based as the SEC and Bama yield too much power.

It won't as the dance means something. The non-playoff bowls games are little more than money grab exhibitions at this point, even those pitting 5 v 6 or 7 v 8. Meaningless in the whole scheme of things. I haven't studied up on the new playoff system and how if affects the bowls but that's 9 meaningful games that will replace the meaningless Trojan Raw and Tito's Tacos bowls. Admittedly I'm not an avid NCAAF fan but the only game I even turned on to watch before last night was UGA/Fl St to see if there was going to be any semblance of competitiveness and when it was apparent there wouldn't I changed the channel.

The only players that should play in these trash bowls are guys that need to show to improve their draft profile and those to whom it doesn't matter and just want to play football for one more game. Anyone thinking of transferring or already established on the draft boards should continue to walk away unless there is some incentive program introduced to make them play, and even then for many it will be a difficult decision. NIL hinging on performing in the Flex Super Glue Bowl would be a bad idea.

This is a result of labor actually gaining some power and I'm all about empowering the work force. Understand that many might disagree.

It won't as the dance means something. The non-playoff bowls games are little more than money grab exhibitions at this point, even those pitting 5 v 6 or 7 v 8. Meaningless in the whole scheme of things. I haven't studied up on the new playoff system and how if affects the bowls but that's 9 meaningful games that will replace the meaningless Trojan Raw and Tito's Tacos bowls. Admittedly I'm not an avid NCAAF fan but the only game I even turned on to watch before last night was UGA/Fl St to see if there was going to be any semblance of competitiveness and when it was apparent there wouldn't I changed the channel.

The only players that should play in these trash bowls are guys that need to show to improve their draft profile and those to whom it doesn't matter and just want to play football for one more game. Anyone thinking of transferring or already established on the draft boards should continue to walk away unless there is some incentive program introduced to make them play, and even then for many it will be a difficult decision. NIL hinging on performing in the Flex Super Glue Bowl would be a bad idea.

This is a result of labor actually gaining some power and I'm all about empowering the work force. Understand that many might disagree.
I hear and respect your opinion but there is another side to it. Saturday night past my wife and I had the pleasure of having supper with Fuscia and his better half, and the Georgia / FSU game was being shown in the restaurant, which you all know was a complete blow out.
After the game ends a couple decked out in FSU gear comes in for dinner and sits down at the table next to us. As we are leaving I ask them, what happened tonight ? The man responds dejectedly don’t even go there. The woman goes on to say 20 players opted out of playing so the team FSU fielded was not remotely near the best product they could put on the field.
You can be sure that the massive amount of fans who travel, stay in hotels, eat out, party, you all know the drill, will not do so if this continues. It will have a profound effect on many a bowl game. Imagine if you had spent a few thousand dollars to go to the game only to witness the majority of second and third stringers get blown out on national tv. I doubt it would be an experience you would be ready to recreate in the future. You will stay home next time and just watch on tv.

I had to see a stand in on Broadway many times. Caveat emptor. Would you ask your kid to play a meaningless game and risk injury that could cost millions, be it in draft stock or potential nil? I bet the Liberty fans were just glad to be there yesterday.

Yes and I’ll tell you why. There were several FSU players ( including a receiver who is considered a first round draft pick) who opted out of the game. I also believed that they earned the game. What does it say to your team if you don’t support them getting in? When a good player goes down, don’t bother trying to win cause it doesn’t matter any more?

In a common opponent during the season, FSU beat LSU 45-24, Bama beat LSU by 21. FSU also had a harder road then Bama having to win with not just a 2nd but a third string QB.

I know I know the argument that they may not be competitive but with all the opt outs, who really knows? But clearly FSU earned the right to be there and were screwed and I’m in no way an FSU fan. Ask yourself this, if Bamas starting QB went down and they were undefeated or had one loss would they have been kept out???? Clearly the decision was money/politically based as the SEC and Bama yield too much power.
Georgia had two potential top 10 picks sit out, played their second and third stringers the second half, and they were still scoring at will.

Georgia was screwed much worse than FSU. They won two straight national championships, went unbeaten for 29 straight weeks, were 11-0 against ranked teams in that span, were 6-0 against top 10 teams in that span, and were ranked #1 all year until they lost by a FG to Alabama.

63-3!!!!! And Georgia kneeled 3x at the FSU 22 yard line to end the game or it would have been 70-3. I’ve never seen a more lopsided game between two high major teams besides Georgia-TCU the year prior.

Georgia had two potential top 10 picks sit out, played their second and third stringers the second half, and they were still scoring at will.

Georgia was screwed much worse than FSU. They won two straight national championships, went unbeaten for 29 straight weeks, were 11-0 against ranked teams in that span, were 6-0 against top 10 teams in that span, and were ranked #1 all year until they lost by a FG to Alabama.

63-3!!!!! And Georgia kneeled 3x at the FSU 22 yard line to end the game or it would have been 70-3. I’ve never seen a more lopsided game between two high major teams besides Georgia-TCU the year prior.
Georgia 46-2 in last 48 games both loses to Bama.

Just heard Nick Saban on ESPN suggest that for players in bowl games should be provided with insurance against injury that could hurt their potential pro earnings. The amount of coverage tied to estimated drafting position/round.

Just heard Nick Saban on ESPN suggest that for players in bowl games should be provided with insurance against injury that could hurt their potential pro earnings. The amount of coverage tied to estimated drafting position/round.
Hey Nick. You can give back some salary you know

Back