College Football Stuff

Scott Frost canned at Nebraska
He was the starting QB for their last national title team. Rutgers is the only Big Ten school with a worst record than Nebraska since Frost became Nebraska’s head coach.

Nebraska’s football program is such a mess, they decided to fire him now and pay his entire $15M buyout instead of waiting until October 1st when the cost to buy him out would have been cut by half.

Marshall upsets ND. Love it!
To add injury to insult, reports are their starting QB, Tyler Buchner is likely out for the year with an AC joint sprain in his left (non-throwing) shoulder which he injured during their upset loss to Marshall. He will need surgery.

He was the starting QB for their last national title team. Rutgers is the only Big Ten school with a worst record than Nebraska since Frost became Nebraska’s head coach.

Nebraska’s football program is such a mess, they decided to fire him now and pay his entire $15M buyout instead of waiting until October 1st when the cost to buy him out would have been cut by half.
Didn’t realize Georgia Southern is also from the Sun Belt Conference. While not as big of an upset, it is still a third one for that Conference this past Saturday.

WHAT A GAME!!! Tennessee 52 Alabama 49 on a 40 yard field goal with 2 seconds left. In watching the game I knew it was going to come down to who had the ball last. Two great games by both teams quarterbacks.

Better check on Bama Fan!

I'm in a bowl game pool with the same bunch of folks forat least 20 years, so I watch the games "for scores"--why else would one watch Troy vs. UTSA. Yesterday;s Oregon State/Florida game showed what a lame team Florida and its coach are. With 37 seconds to go Florida was 4th and goal from around Oregon State 20 (after being 1st and goal from th Oregon St. 6 yard line) so the coach op[ed fro a field goal so that Florida would continue its non shut out streak of around 400 games. Great winning attitude shown.😏😏

Two great games yesterday, that probably surprised the oddsmakers.
I think a lot of late money game in on Ohio State as the point spread narrowed. The Big Ten lost both games but I think justified its presence there.

Just heard that Oklahoma and Texas are paying the Big 12 a combined 100 million dollars just to get out of the conference to join the SEC one year early for the 24’25 season.

Back