Chris Ledlum

These two are good students the NCAA should do the right thing, give them exemption. However, knowing the NCAA both with will be playing basketball in Guaymas next year and Ledlum will be pressured to make a layup by the Arellano’s!

It took a long while for Dingle to really show up. But he did. And it was good.

I'm all in favor of a 24-25 looking like:

PG: Sim
SG: Dingle
C: Cliff
SF: Luis
PF: Ledlum
6th: Brady
7th: Zuby

Then we concentrate bigly on a portal PG/G in case Sim doesn't make the leap we expect him to.

given how slow the NCAA operates i can't see us waiting long for a decision.

i also can't imagine ledlum and dingle wanting to wait much longer either, as i'm sure they want to have a solid plan.

Then we concentrate bigly on a portal PG/G in case Sim doesn't make the leap we expect him to.
16 ppg with good %s last 7 games of the season.

It is a shame because of injuries and other factors that we did not see the best of Ledlum and Dingle until the end of the season. But at this point I would not count on seeing them anymore in a SJU uniform.

But two great kids who will always be welcomed back at SJU.

I wouldn’t be surprised (depending on who else gets signed) if glover challenges Brady
for backup minutes at the 3. Hopefully Brady puts on some weight and can defend the 4.

I think the NCAA is so worried about further litigation that they could be more liberal on Ledlum/Dingle type waiver requests. That said, agree with Fordham it is smart not to count on the waivers.
Right - different environment than a few years ago, so maybe a better shot than would have otherwise been expected, but still feels like a longshot. Would be a very pleasant surprise though.

A few questions here
1. Though I believe 79 said Dingle is finished regardless, I suppose he's leaving the door open to come back by going through with this?
2. Has a timeline been given to the school on a decision here? Knowing whether or not these guys are coming back obviously has a big impact on portal recruiting.
3. Does the school plan to sue the NCAA if this is denied?

1. I would think that Dingle can probably make more through NIL than he can from G League/Overseas so the change in approach would make financial sense.
2. NCAA timeline? That one cracked me up.
3. Well it never hurts, they seem to fall like a house of cards at every opportunity nowadays either by themselves or via the courts.

Thats a worse team that the one that just missed the NCAA tournament.

Aren't Dingle and Ledlum eligible for the extra year since they lost playing time during Covid?

Their extra year was technically last year.

Need confirmation from 79 re: Dingle because I too recall him saying that Dingle was done playing college ball, period.
That's ashame if Dingle could come back but chooses not to. He won't get drafted for upping his game the last 10 games or so.

Now if he comes back and plays the whole season like that, then he might.

How?? It doesn't include any real portal commits and excludes new players.
We don't know what the roster will be like.
He literally said I'm OK with these seven players being our team and adding a G through the portal to back up Sim.

Trust me, I'm the leader of the "we need better players" brigade. I hope we get some major upgrades in the portal. If we went into next season with that as our core I'd be suicidal.

Thats a worse team that the one that just missed the NCAA tournament.

When you live in a world where you think players and teams don't get better, you get the madness of portal mania.

continuity
noun
con·ti·nu·i·ty ˌkän-tə-ˈnü-ə-tē -ˈnyü-
pluralcontinuities
Synonyms of continuity
a
: uninterrupted connection, succession, or union
… its disregard of the continuity between means and ends …
—Sidney Hook
b
: uninterrupted duration or continuation especially without essential change
the continuity of the company's management

Back