Chris Ledlum

Based on chatter last night, it appears that Chris Ledlum would like to play another season. I think that would be great, and also think he would make a great captain. Has anyone heard anything about this other than what was said last night at the SJU event?
It was reported a while ago that Chris has filed waiver request with SJU’s assistance. I personally would love to have a healthier CL back to launch the season.

A few questions here
1. Though I believe 79 said Dingle is finished regardless, I suppose he's leaving the door open to come back by going through with this?
2. Has a timeline been given to the school on a decision here? Knowing whether or not these guys are coming back obviously has a big impact on portal recruiting.
3. Does the school plan to sue the NCAA if this is denied?

A few questions here
1. Though I believe 79 said Dingle is finished regardless, I suppose he's leaving the door open to come back by going through with this?
2. Has a timeline been given to the school on a decision here? Knowing whether or not these guys are coming back obviously has a big impact on portal recruiting.
3. Does the school plan to sue the NCAA if this is denied?

Need confirmation from 79 re: Dingle because I too recall him saying that Dingle was done playing college ball, period.

I agree continuity is great and logic says the older the players the more likely they will rise to the top over young teams.
But this is the same team Pitino said had no lateral quickness and the least enjoyable time of his career.

Guys I have said before it is unlikely. Dingle is different because he did not graduate. He only went to Penn for 3 years and played 3 years. He withdrew from school for 20-21 season and so when he transferred last year he was not a grad transfer. He did not have to leave Penn, he could have stayed and played a fourth season. Ledlum had no choice but to transfer to use his 4th year of eligibility. But again the free COVID year was never intended to use at any point. Both got 4 years of playing eligibility. Ledlum got his in 5 years of academics and Dingle in 4 years.

There is a precedent that is not favorable to either. Jim Boeheim's son Jimmy transferred from Cornell to Syracuse in 2021. He graduated from Cornell in 2021 but did not play that entire year of 2020-21 because the Ivy League cancelled all sports that year. So he had 1 year of playing left and transferred to Cuse.

He did petition the NCAA for another year for that lost COVID year and ultimately did not get it.

I agree continuity is great and logic says the older the players the more likely they will rise to the top over young teams.
But this is the same team Pitino said had no lateral quickness and the least enjoyable time of his career.
Also same team (+/- a few) that finished much different than it started.

I believe the least enjoyable comment was about the landscape of college basketball, specifically how you have to constantly re-recruit your own players and how hard it is to build a culture now etc than it was about the team on the court

Thinking about the Ivy League waiver. Do I have this right?

Non-Ivy League players, during the Covid era, get 5 years of eligibility over a 5 year duration. This includes the compromised 2020-2021 season.

Conversely, an Ivy League player currently gets just 4 years of eligibility over the same 5 year duration.

The ask is for Ivy league players to get an equal number of seasons over a 6 year duration. I think this is reasonable since they had their college careers interrupted, with the Ivy League not playing 2020-2021, while other players had the benefit of playing through without losing a year of eligibility.

Seems like an easy decision. But, I am sure the NCAA can mess it up.

A lot of irons in the fire, which is healthy. As many have noted, as anxious as we are to have a better sense of roster, portal, NIL, leveraging, broken promises have elevated getting players to masters level chess from checkers. Am being patient which as my wife says is hard for me. The good news is we have the resources and staff to compete in this insanity.

Back