Charleston Classic (11/16-17 & 19) Ticket Pre-Sale info

I hope I am reading the brackets correctly in order to plan my weekend. This may be helpful to you.

We play at 1:30 pm on Thursday.

If we win thursday we play at 2 pm friday.
If we win friday we play at 830 pm sunday. If we lose Friday at 2pm, we play the 3rd place game on Sunday which is either 3pm or 530pm (game time not set at this point)

If we lose thursday, we play at 1130am Friday in consolation bracket. If we lose that game we play the 0-2 teams play the 7th place consolation game sunday 1130. If we win the friday 1130am, game we play sunday at either 3pm or 530pm for 5th place (game time not fixed). If we lose the consolation friday 1130 am game the bracket doesnt show a game but presumably sunday between 2pm and 3:30, likely 2pm in order to follow the 1130 game.

Sunset in charleston is 30 minutes later than ny. We will be in daylight savings by then so sunset in charleston mid-november will likely be around 515pm.

PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE SATURDAY SJU EVENT. IT IS FREE BUT MANDATORY PRE-REGISTRATION.

I'm going to begin planning tourist type site seeing. There is a boat ride and tour of fort sumter where the first shots of the civil war were fired. The architecture of mansions south of Broad is amazing too.

I've started Restaurant reservations as well.

Hope this helps a little. Please correct me if i read the brackets wrong.

Last edited:
I hope I am reading the brackets correctly in order to plan my weekend. This may be helpful to you.

We play at 1:30 pm on Thursday.

If we win thursday we play at 2 pm friday.
If we win friday we play at 830 pm sunday. If we lose Friday at 2pm, we play the 3rd place game on Sunday which is either 3pm or 530pm (game time not set at this point)

If we lose thursday, we play at 1130am Friday in consolation bracket. If we lose that game we play the 0-2 teams play the 7th place consolation game sunday 1130. If we win the friday 1130am, game we play sunday at either 3pm or 530pm for 5th place (game time not fixed). If we lose the consolation friday 1130 am game the bracket doesnt show a game but presumably sunday between 2pm and 3:30, likely 2pm in order to follow the 1130 game.

Sunset in charleston is 30 minutes later than ny. We will be in daylight savings by then so sunset in charleston mid-november will likely be around 515pm.

PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE SATURDAY SJU EVENT. IT IS FREE BUT MANDATORY PRE-REGISTRATION.

I'm going to begin planning tourist type site seeing. There is a boat ride and tour of fort sumter where the first shots of the civil war were fired. The architecture of mansions south of Broad is amazing too.

I've started Restaurant reservations as well.

Hope this helps a little. Please correct me if i read the brackets wrong.

My nephew got married in Charleston several years ago and we took the tour of Ft. Sumter. There's also a decommissioned US Navy ship (Yorktown) in the harbor there.

If any of y'all get the opportunity in Charleston, check out The Glass Onion restaurant.

If The Honorable MJDinkins recommends it then you can be sure that The Glass Onion is very good.

We’re looking for 3 tickets for all sessions in the upper or lower sideline sections.
PM If you have any and looking to sell

Truckie

Can one of our resident basketball experts break down each team in the Charleston Classic in terms of how strong they figure to be this year and our chances, or point to a link that has already done so?

Thank you in advance.

Only going to be be there for the first two days of play. For those who are attending all three days of play. Do you get 1 ticket that allows admission for all of the six sessions or 6 tickets that gets you into all sesssions? I did the same schedule the last time the Redmen played in Charleston but think I just bought tickets for day 1 & 2 pre tournament. Wasn't looking to buy outside the arena. This year is easy as we play the early session the first two days of play.

This is a very sloppily done outlook of each team in the Charleston Classic.

Dayton

One sign of the looming 2023-24 season for the Dayton Flyers came early this week. On Sunday, Ken Pomeroy released his preseason ratings on KenPom.com. Dayton ranks 69th. That makes it the highest-ranked Atlantic 10 Conference team by one spot over No. 70 St. Bonaventure.

According to a poll of the conference’s head men’s basketball coaches and selected media, the University of Dayton men’s basketball team has been picked to finish first in the Atlantic 10′s preseason poll for the second straight year. The Flyers received 370 out of a possible 400 voting points, with 20 first-place votes. VCU was second with 321 voting points and St. Bonaventure third at 319.

LSU

The LSU men’s basketball team is gearing up for Year 2 under coach Matt McMahon after another offseason in which the team was very active in the transfer portal.

The Tigers are hoping to turn things around after a disappointing Year 1 for McMahon, who couldn’t replicate his Murray State success. LSU went 2-16 in SEC play which included a 14-game losing streak.

There’s some optimism that this team will improve this season, but the Tigers have work to do if they want to appear in any rankings. The preseason USA TODAY Sports Coaches Poll was released on Monday, and unsurprisingly, LSU wasn’t ranked.

HOUSTON – The University of Houston Men's Basketball program stood at #7 in the 2023-24 Preseason Top 25 poll, released by the Associated Press on Monday morning. The Cougars received 1,117 points in the annual preseason poll.

Under the leadership of Head Coach Kelvin Sampson, this marked the fourth straight season in which the Cougars were ranked in a preseason national poll. The Cougars also enjoyed their 22nd straight poll among the nation's Top 10 and extended their school record to 65 consecutive weeks in at least one national poll.

Houston has not been unranked in the AP and Coaches polls since Jan. 13, 2020.

The Cougars return six lettermen and two starters from last year's squad, which captured its fourth conference regular-season title in the last six years and advanced to the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16 or farther for the fourth consecutive season, a first in school history.

PRESEASON BIG 12 HONORS
Last week, the Cougars collected 153 points and a pair of first-place votes to stand second in the Big 12 Conference Preseason Coaches Poll.

This marked the fifth consecutive season in which Houston was tabbed among the Top Two in its conference preseason poll. The Cougars were picked as favorites in each of their final four seasons in the American Athletic Conference.

TOWSON, Md. – Towson men's basketball was picked to finish fifth in the Coastal Athletic Association (CAA) Preseason Poll, the league announced Thursday. Graduate student Charles Thompson was also chosen to the All-CAA Preseason First Team for the second consecutive season.

Both the poll and preseason teams were announced as part of CAA Men's Basketball Media Day on Thursday, Oct. 19. The preseason all-conference teams and predicted order of finish were voted on by the league's head coaches and SIDs plus members of the media. League head coaches and SIDs could not vote for their own team.

Charles Thompson earned his second consecutive All-CAA Preseason First Team honor. The graduate student is coming off a season that saw Thompson earn All-CAA Second Team and All-Defensive Team honors for the second straight year in 2022-23. The Fort Washington native had his best season as a Tiger last season averaging 12.2 ppg, 8.0 rpg with 56 blocks and 29 steals. He shot 56.5 percent from the floor in just under 30 minutes per game.

Charleston was chosen as the preseason favorite with 10 first-place votes. UNCW and Drexel also garnered first-place votes with three and one respectively. Hofstra was picked just ahead of Towson and Delaware in fourth. Northeastern, William & Mary, Stony Brook and Elon rounded out the top ten with Monmouth, Campbell, Hampton and North Carolina A&T completing the 14-team field.

The Tigers begin the 2023-24 season at Colorado on Monday, Nov. 6. Towson makes its home debut against Robert Morris on Sunday, Nov. 12 at 7 p.m.

Season and single-game tickets are available by visiting https://am.ticketmaster.com/towson/. For any questions regarding tickets for Towson events, call the Towson Athletics ticket office at 410-704-3330.

2023-24 CAA Men's Basketball Preseason Poll

RANKTEAM (1ST)POINTS
1.Charleston (10)165
2.UNCW (3)157
3.Drexel (1)140
4.Hofstra137
T-5.Towson115

Wake Forest Basketball: 2023-24 season preview for the Demon Deacons

Wake Forest Basketball will enter their 4th season with Steve Forbes at the helm and he looks to lead them to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2017. The Demon Deacons came close to making the tournament in the last two seasons but have fallen short because of some key losses late into the season.

The Deacons finished last year with a 19-13 record and missed the tourney. Wake had some shining moments last year though, they defeated ranked teams like Duke and Clemson, while also beating bigger ACC teams like UNC. Ultimately though, Wake fell short because of them losing 4 of their last 5 and 8 of their last 12 overall.

Steve Forbes has put Wake Forest back on the map like no other team in the ACC. Forbes took a 6-16 team and the very next year he went 25-10. Forbes just needs to start making the tournament if he wants to consistently improve. Wake Forest doesn’t necessarily need him to improve so drastically every season however. If Wake can be competitive nearly every year and have some tournament success on occasion, it will make fans happy.

Forbes seems to have Wake rolling in the 2023-24 season and they should look to have some success next season with the talent the have returning and new players coming in. Even if they did lose their best player last season. Wake will be returning 3 of their top 4 scorers this season, and even though they lost Tyree Appleby (their leading scorer: 18.8 ppg) the next 3 players should step up in a significant way. Along with the fact that Wake brings in talented transfers and some new recruits too.

Forbes should have a lot of faith this coming season with the talent he has. Here’s a look at the Wake Forest Demon Deacons for the 2023-24 college basketball season.

UTAH

SAN FRANCISCO
– The Utah men's basketball team was picked to finish seventh by the league's media the Pac-12 Conference announced ahead of the start of media day on Wednesday morning in Las Vegas.

The Runnin' Utes finished Pac-12 play last season 10-10 – which was good for seventh in the league and the highest finish in the Craig Smith Era. The only other time Utah was picked to finish seventh in the preseason poll came in 2017-18 after the Utes went 20-12 overall and 11-7 (fourth) in Pac-12 play the previous season. The Utes finished 2017-18 in a three-way tie for third with UCLA and Stanford at 11-7 in Pac-12 action.

Utah returns 64.7-percent of its offense from last season anchored by 2023-24 Pac-12 Preseason Men's Basketball All-Conference First-Team honoree Branden Carlson. He's joined by Gabe Madsen (11.6 ppg), Rollie Worster (8.6 ppg, 5.0 apg), Ben Carlson (4.5 ppg, 4.6 rpg), Wilguens Jr. Exacte (3.6 ppg) and Keba Keita (3.0 ppg, 3.4 rpg).

The Utes also bolstered their depth with eight newcomers on the squad that include veteran transfers: Hunter Erickson (BYU/SLCC), Cole Bajema (Michigan/Washington), Deivon Smith (Mississippi State/Georgia Tech) and Lawson Lovering (Colorado). Utah also added a quartet of freshmen in Jayden Teat, Jake Wahlin, Ayomide Bamisile and Jerry Huang.

Back