Bubble Watch

The Office Reaction GIF

Based off Lunardi (who I know isn’t the best but) We’d be the first team out once Colorado loses. Last team in if Colorado wins.

Essentially the Colorado game could be the difference between us being in/out

Unfortunately they trail to Oregon. F**k arizona and Washington state
I no longer expect Colorado to win after today's games.

Now that NC State is gonna win, if Oregon wins we'd need an absolute miracle to get in. There basically is no bubble at all. To get in we'd need to be considered ahead of a team that had been considered a lock. The best hope would be Texas A&M but they probably played themself in this week. Other possibilities would be Michigan State, Oklahoma, or FAU. I just don't see it being realistic.

If Colorado wins that means it's pretty much down to a 1 spot bubble. SJU, Virginia, Seton Hall, Providence, and Indiana State all in play for one spot. While we think we deserve that one spot, so does every other of those fanbases. No guessing what the committee will do.

Now that NC State is gonna win, if Oregon wins we'd need an absolute miracle to get in. There basically is no bubble at all. To get in we'd need to be considered ahead of a team that had been considered a lock. The best hope would be Texas A&M but they probably played themself in this week. Other possibilities would be Michigan State, Oklahoma, or FAU. I just don't see it being realistic.

If Colorado wins that means it's pretty much down to a 1 spot bubble. SJU, Virginia, Seton Hall, Providence, and Indiana State all in play for one spot. While we think we deserve that one spot, so does every other of those fanbases. No guessing what the committee will do.
FAU is the one school that really sticks out in that group.

Here is my thought process:

1. If things went well the BE might have gotten 6 bids and SJU would have been in.

2. If things went OK the BE would have gotten 5 bids and SJU would have been in.

3. Since things are an absolute shit show on the bubble, the BE will get 4 bids.

4. The only remaining question is as between SJU, PC and SHU, whose resume the committee prefers. Most seem to think that is SJU on the metrics. We won't know for sure until tomorrow, but I think SJU is in as the 4th BE team.

5. That they are the 4th BE team does not necessarily mean they will be in a play-in, although they may well be. So be it, we will win and then move on.

BTW the NC State win eliminates Virginia and maybe even Clemson, the question there is if the ACC gets 3 or 4.

Back