Bubble Watch

Would love to wake up tomorrow and see two Mountain West upsets, along with a WVU upset over TCU.

Ultimately think that 4/5 matchup with SHU will determine if we'll get a play-in slot or not, but it also makes us susceptible to a bubble being burst.

UCONN, Marquette, Creighton -- locks
Villanova -- should be in
St. John's, Seton Hall, Providence -- work to do, could be in

Would love to wake up tomorrow and see two Mountain West upsets, along with a WVU upset over TCU.

Ultimately think that 4/5 matchup with SHU will determine if we'll get a play-in slot or not, but it also makes us susceptible to a bubble being burst.

UCONN, Marquette, Creighton -- locks
Villanova -- should be in
St. John's, Seton Hall, Providence -- work to do, could be in
2 of those 3 will get bids.

2 of those 3 will get bids.
Agree. I think the only way I see all three getting in is:
-- Some bubble action outside the BE that'll take too much work for me to speculate on
-- St. John's beats Georgetown 20+, beats SHU in the 4/5 match-up
-- Providence beats UCONN in either last game of season or BET. If the latter plays out, our team has a nice path to the finals...
-- Seton Hall beats Villanova and DePaul

If Providence and Nova finish conference play at 10-10 and we go 11-9, then we finish with sole possession of 5th place. Doesn't matter what happens after that, we're in the Dance.

If Providence and Nova finish conference play at 10-10 and we go 11-9, then we finish with sole possession of 5th place. Doesn't matter what happens after that, we're in the Dance.
that would be a reasonable take, especially as we went 3-1 against these two teams

When I hit my midday lull at work I like to kill some time with some bubble talk.

1. FAU @ North Texas: 8:00 PM (ESPN+) - FAU loss puts them on even shakier ground on the bubble, and North Texas picks up a big win that would only boost our metrics with our neutral site win over them in hand. Go Mean Green

2. Xavier @ Butler: 7:30 PM (CBSSN) - With our sweep in hand against Butler, it is good for us if they finish the season strong. Also, I hate how Xavier is lingering near us in the BE standings right now, a loss here would put them below us for good assuming we take care of business Saturday

3. Northwestern @ Michigan St: 7:00 PM (BTN) - Michigan St needs this game badly, so I am sure they will pull it off. But if they don't, things get extremely dicey for them as they will be 17-13, with 4 straight losses, and finish the season @Indiana who have been playing better of late.

4. Mississippi St @ Texas A&M: 9:00 PM (ESPNU) - These are both bubble teams technically, but on bracketmatrix, Miss St is safely in on most brackets, averaging out as a 9 seed. Where as A&M is more on the outside looking in due to their record. The amount of good wins A&M has scares me, I think I would prefer they lose and just kinda f off

5. Fresno State @ New Mexico: 10:30 PM (FS1) - This is a big one. NM is right around us in most bubble projections, and as we saw last night from Wake, a bad home loss to a sub .500 team in your conference can burst your bubble. Fresno St is not good, so I doubt New Mexico is in much trouble here (17.5 point favs), but it is something to monitor. If they lose this game, see ya later.

When I hit my midday lull at work I like to kill some time with some bubble talk.

1. FAU @ North Texas: 8:00 PM (ESPN+) - FAU loss puts them on even shakier ground on the bubble, and North Texas picks up a big win that would only boost our metrics with our neutral site win over them in hand. Go Mean Green

2. Xavier @ Butler: 7:30 PM (CBSSN) - With our sweep in hand against Butler, it is good for us if they finish the season strong. Also, I hate how Xavier is lingering near us in the BE standings right now, a loss here would put them below us for good assuming we take care of business Saturday

3. Northwestern @ Michigan St: 7:00 PM (BTN) - Michigan St needs this game badly, so I am sure they will pull it off. But if they don't, things get extremely dicey for them as they will be 17-13, with 4 straight losses, and finish the season @Indiana who have been playing better of late.

4. Mississippi St @ Texas A&M: 9:00 PM (ESPNU) - These are both bubble teams technically, but on bracketmatrix, Miss St is safely in on most brackets, averaging out as a 9 seed. Where as A&M is more on the outside looking in due to their record. The amount of good wins A&M has scares me, I think I would prefer they lose and just kinda f off

5. Fresno State @ New Mexico: 10:30 PM (FS1) - This is a big one. NM is right around us in most bubble projections, and as we saw last night from Wake, a bad home loss to a sub .500 team in your conference can burst your bubble. Fresno St is not good, so I doubt New Mexico is in much trouble here (17.5 point favs), but it is something to monitor. If they lose this game, see ya later.
Other one I would add is TCU vs. WVU.

Yes, and biggest game could be BC @ Miami. BC loses and we've got another Quad 3 loss, since they're currently 100 in NET. Want them to at least keep this one close and then finish the season strong.
Orrrr we have one less quad 2 loss and our record in Q1&Q2 improves.

Orrrr we have one less quad 2 loss and our record in Q1&Q2 improves.
Think About It GIF by Identity

Back