Bubble Watch

I am more and more convinced that the committee used KPI and not NET. I need someone to explain it to me like I'm in fifth grade, but looking under the hood of why SHU is in the 60s jives with their bizarre explanation about SHU's non-conference schedule.

I think that’s right, and KPI is very very bad. If they are basically replacing RPI with KPI as the main metric I think it’s a move in the wrong direction. Some of the game values in kpi are indefensible

Edit:see this was already discussed. It’s just a joke of a metric

Last edited:
this dude was consistently negative on our Tourney hopes... will be an interesting listen
Yea, I thought he was overly negative but e was trying to predict what the committee would do and it turns out he was correct to be down on us.

might be worth for the admin to listen in too (or hire one of these bracket gurus) and see if there’s things that can be done strategically in game or scheduling wise (short of going to the ACC and crushing that loser conference) to improve bracket odds going forward. The fact is, this team was better than a good chunk of the at large field so the the only thing keeping them out was strategy (and some bias probably).

I can never root for UConn. I hope they are playing their first game, up by one with 1/2-second remaining, when Hurley is called for a technical, and UConn loses by one point.
It's truly the first tournament that has no juice to me because of that. Bait and switch is exactly right.

After attending the Duke/Vermont & Wisconsin/James Madison games, I'm probably not watching anything else before or after. Just rooting for the three Big East schools from afar.
Conn losing by one point on a technical by Hurley would definitely relieve the anguish and disappointment of being screwed by
these 12 judges!

UConn winning the NCAA generates tournament revenue to the 3 bid Big East
Yes Otis. The same as would Creighton and Marquette. I was saying that I want all three making the final four, but I will be rooting for Creighton (first) and then Marquette to win it all if it played out that way.

Besides, even if UConn loses in the final four or the final, it will not hurt the conference’s reputation. And it will still bring in good money.

Pay us for 1. Help the big East reputation, 2.
Ok. Money is good. No idea how this works but assumed schools that advance get additional money. Are you saying that the conference teams of advancing schools also get additional money? How much are we talking? What difference does it make helping the Big East reputation? We could have a 1985 repeat and the committee would still give us 3 bids next year because we don't have the right tv affiliation, Pitino has a history with them, we don't play a sport that scores points by kicking a ball instead of it being a violation.

Ok. Money is good. No idea how this works but assumed schools that advance get additional money. Are you saying that the conference teams of advancing schools also get additional money? How much are we talking? What difference does it make helping the Big East reputation? We could have a 1985 repeat and the committee would still give us 3 bids because we don't have the right tv affiliation, Pitino has a history with them, we don't play a sport that scores points by kicking a ball instead of it being a violation.
Yes all BE schools get paid out for BE teams success in the tourney.

And you’re right, it would definitely hurt our perception across the country 🤣

DePaul gets a lot of grief, has anyone else seen the Hoyas cumulative Big East record in the last three years? And I keep hearing Cooley is actually going to try next year - how nice of him! Cooley taking a year off (am I to assume he didn't have the NIL resources that the Hall or Butler had, please) while he cashed all his checks hurt the Big East badly.

Back