Brandon Parga, SG

Not every player needs to be a star. This kid at worst gives us a star practice player to show every defender why they need to close out properly and not over pursue in the zone. At best, he gives us a second sharpshooter and a kid we can call on late in games to make good decisions and hit free throws.

Even if he's not a stellar athlete, not every game will be a track meet for 40 minutes. When we get teams in the bonus, he'd be dangerous from the FT line. He could also open up space for our bigs to work inside.

Just another tool in the toolbox...a tool we only have one of thus far.

Another less than stellar athlete with the last name of Mullin is proof that one doesn't need to jump out of the gym to hit shots. Good footwork can create the same sort of space needed. No idea if we offer this kid. Just good to know we're looking at a JC shooter as that would be the perfect type addition.

He had 21 and 7 in the game we watched him. St. John's, BC and TCU are the only major schools he has had contact with. He has no offers yet. We are currently on the top of his list for obvious reasons. 

Personally, I don't see much downside here. What's the worst-case scenario? We have a 13th man off the bench with 2 years eligibility who hits 50% from 3 and 90% from the line? At minimum, we have somebody to out in at the end of games to go to the FT line or put in when we need somebody to put up shots. I trust our staff's judgement on this one, but we could use a shooter in this mold. 

Remember Mike Perez, the unknown we offered a ship to for a moment? He's at UTEP 12.2ppg 2.4rpg 45%fg, 40% from 3. Kid has real nice stats for a freshman. We could have used him on ths team, especially with our depth issues. Can't always look at how highly ranked the kid was out of hs. Some kids really turn it up. 

Personally, I don't see much downside here. What's the worst-case scenario? We have a 13th man off the bench with 2 years eligibility who hits 50% from 3 and 90% from the line? At minimum, we have somebody to out in at the end of games to go to the FT line or put in when we need somebody to put up shots. I trust our staff's judgement on this one, but we could use a shooter in this mold. 

Remember Mike Perez, the unknown we offered a ship to for a moment? He's at UTEP 12.2ppg 2.4rpg 45%fg, 40% from 3. Kid has real nice stats for a freshman. We could have used him on ths team, especially with our depth issues. Can't always look at how highly ranked the kid was out of hs. Some kids really turn it up. 

He's a sophomore but I agree he does look good when I have watched them.

I am going to see him on the 15th. Certainly not at the level of u guys when it comes to grading someones game but I will post it as I see it.

St Mary's coach has been all over this kid. That's good enough for me. Their coach knows how to not only coach, but how to recruit smart kids and great shooters.

St Mary's coach has been all over this kid. That's good enough for me. Their coach knows how to not only coach, but how to recruit smart kids and great shooters.

I was thinking the same thing once I read the article, MCN.

I am going to see him on the 15th. Certainly not at the level of u guys when it comes to grading someones game but I will post it as I see it.

I can join you if you want to watch the game with some company.

Absolutely MCN. I agree.

15th's a weeknight or I'd join you guys as well. Anyone who wants to go to Santa Monica College on the 18th that's the one I'm thinking about going to. Of course Ted lives a lot closer to Citrus than I do.

I am only out there during the week so the 15th works best. I would welcome hanging w anyone from redmen.com. I could learn a few things :cheer: :cheer:

Alex Kline@TheRecruitScoopReply
Retweet

Favorite
· Open

RT @JucoRecruiting: Steve Lavin of St. John's & an assistant will be in California to watch Brandon Parga of Citrus College tonight.

I haven't heard, but does anybody know if we offered Parga at this point?

Back