Brandon Parga, SG

Moose

6'5 200lbs, Cathedral HS, Pico Rivera, CA

!/JucoRecruiting/status/165141854524944384

St. John's watched Brandon Parga (6'4/SG/2012) of Citrus College (CA) last night. Hawaii and Boston College also interested

So far this year:

Brandon Parga, Citrus
18 games
115-224 FGs 51.3%
39-82 3pt FGs 47.6%
83-96 FTs 86.5%
352 pts total
19.5 ppg

He's playing in my neighborhood on Feb 18. If it still looks like we're truly interested maybe I'll take the son to the game. Someone remind me by posting in this thread closer to the date.

Great looking shot from the video. Impressive midrange as well...and great size at 6'5. It really all comes down to his defense and athletic ability. He doesn't look overly athletic in the video, although he does have a nice dunk.

I have a friend who played with him in high school and is good friends with Brandon. He told me he would be a great fit for us and is a really smart kid. He almost went to Columbia out of high school. He played a year in high school with Cezar Guerrero. Sneaky athleticism and a strong finisher. Can defend the 2 or 3 positions.

I have a friend who played with him in high school and is good friends with Brandon. He told me he would be a great fit for us and is a really smart kid. He almost went to Columbia out of high school. He played a year in high school with Cezar Guerrero. Sneaky athleticism and a strong finisher. Can defend the 2 or 3 positions.

Good to hear but then why JUCO? Prep a year to improve your game but two years?

i am out in burbank cali every other week with kids at home. Anyone know the schedule? Would love to catch a game

I agree! We needed him now and not November 2012. Could have transferred at mid-year. Looks like an option if some other prospects decline and could be a sub behind Harrison at the 2 and maybe the 8th or 9th man. He could also be a specialty player in close games that one would want at the ft line in close games.

I agree! We needed him now and not November 2012. Could have transferred at mid-year. Looks like an option if some other prospects decline and could be a sub behind Harrison at the 2 and maybe the 8th or 9th man. He could also be a specialty player in close games that one would want at the ft line in close games.

Why would he transfer at mid-year to only have 1 season of eligibility. We have 5 ships to give. This kid is a JUCO shooter. Excactly what we need on the roster. A Kyle Kuric type to spread things out. November of 2012 is just as good for us because he wasnt available this season.

I have no problem grabbing a JC player who can shoot and score. We need that and have plenty of room on the roster, especially for two years. Sounds like a nice addition if we do offer. Hopefully somebody can go see him and give a report.

Why would he transfer at mid-year to only have 1 season of eligibility. We have 5 ships to give. This kid is a JUCO shooter. Excactly what we need on the roster. A Kyle Kuric type to spread things out. November of 2012 is just as good for us because he wasnt available this season.

I have no problem grabbing a JC player who can shoot and score. We need that and have plenty of room on the roster, especially for two years. Sounds like a nice addition if we do offer. Hopefully somebody can go see him and give a report.

I was only being semi-serious given our very thin bench. I have no clue regarding this California kid who seemingly was unranked out of high school. All I see is a very accurate free throw shooter. Not sure we would have wanted more than one-and-a-half years out of his position before going after the 2014 players that are very highly rated. Out of the 5 ships I would say he is the last option after Obekpa, Gathers, Sampson, Sanchez, etc.

I was only being semi-serious given our very thin bench. I have no clue regarding this California kid who seemingly was unranked out of high school. All I see is a very accurate free throw shooter. Not sure we would have wanted more than one-and-a-half years out of his position before going after the 2014 players that are very highly rated. Out of the 5 ships I would say he is the last option after Obekpa, Gathers, Sampson, Sanchez, etc.

He's not going to be a "last option" because staff isn't going to bring in 5 bigs. I doubt they want to do that even if they could. Of 5 ships, I'm pretty sure one seat is open for a quality shooter, especially a JC kid who will only take 2 years on the roster. Don't underestimate what those designated shooters/scorers can do off the bench. Look at guys like Kuric.

That said, I have no idea how good this kid is. That's up to the staff to figure out. I wouldn't worry abut his ranking out of hs. Hatten and Bootsy weren't highly ranked out of hs. Lots of kids rise in JC play and mature. He sounds like he'd be a role player as a shooter off then bench. Maybe he's even better than that? Who knows?

Back