Brandon Parga, SG

We have so many scholis to fill and if anyone doesnt return will have even more. Lavin cant afford to put us in a position like this year. We all want Obekpa and Sampson. But quality players off the bench are also good to have. Plus the pickings are getting slim.

It's possible that 60 percent of our starting lineup this year comes off the bench next season. Sounds like a great bench to me.

How about Parga's teammate, James Walker? He's a 6'3 transfer from Southern Utah and the leading scorer for Citrus.

Pargas teammate Walker is actually a transfer from Utah State. He played 9 minutes a game there as a freshman. They won 30 games and went to the tourney so to play on that team says a lot.

I liked him a lot. He is a solid 6-2/6-3. Can play the point and the wing. He has an unbelievable feel for the game. He is a slasher with a very good mid range game. His three point shot looked good last night too. He's better than Stith and would be an upgrade and good replacement. In Brad Wintons article on jucorecruiting he mentioned Colorado and TCU being involved with him amongst others. TCU was there last night alongside San Francisco and some others for both Walker and Parga. I saw the box score and he had 25 last night and 20 something the other night when Lavin was there. If we aren't we need to consider Walker. And I still think Parga being a 6-5 pure shooter is worth a 2 year commitment.

If we aren't we need to consider Walker.

My line of thinking, as well. I also heard he has quick first step. I like those kinda guys. I like 'em even better, if they are capable shooters like Walker seems to be.

To me quick first step means rhythmn shooter who can't move without the ball. Given Moe and 3LO, don't we need catch and shoot quick release wiwng who can play a little D and stop zones from collapsing?

Walker caught and shot quite a few times the other night. He's a scorer. Slashes. Mid range. Shoots it from three. He's a solid all around player. He really defends too. He's a bonafied upgrade from Stith.

We do need a catch and shoot guy and that's definitely Parga. Both these guys could be worth two year commitments in a class where we need to sign 5-6.

We have lots of needs.

Another 6'2" combo guard is not one of them. See D'Angelo, Phil.

We have lots of needs.

Another 6'2" combo guard is not one of them. See D'Angelo, Phil.

Branch starts play after first semester. If Phil Greene or D'Angelo goes down, it's trouble. We certainly do need another combo guard. I'm not averse to taking a guy like Parga even if he's a bit slow. We certainly need shooters and that is a glaring need until proven otherwise. JC guys are easy pickups without downside. After next season any JC combo will be a senior and not threaten future recruiting. It allows us to build our bench and depth. It sounds like Walker might be an even bette option. We certainly can use another combo, especially a JC type.

Our biggest problem this season is not the freshmen inexperience, nor shooting issues. We almost beat Duke at Cameron. Our biggest issues were lack of height and depth all over the court. Grabbing a JC kid who is smart and can shoot fills depth and shooting holes.

We had a rough season this year most of all because of depth issues. Need to get to at minimum 11 players next season if not more. I don't care if it's a top 10 class. We don't need a top 10 class this season. We need to fill some big holes this season with 2 or 3 solid players. We do that, with our returning core and we'll be competitive next year.

If we end up landing even one big PF like Edosomwan should he not get his score for Harvard and we have threat in the post to defend, rebound etc. we're still close even if we don't and probably won't land the type of class that both the fans and Lavin hoped for. 

Walker better prospect than Parga. Walker is an upgrade over Greene as a pure point guard to back up Branch. Not saying Walker better than Greene but to just play the 1 YES.

He had a quick first step but that did not define his game, he is very versatile with good size.

If Parga has a playoff game nearby I will go again.

i was running late and had to leave for the game straight from work, so I was in a Polo and slacks. Not my usual Johnnies gear. I'm bummed I didn't get to mingle with you guys. But yeah Teds write up was very accurate. I think Parga could be a solid role player for us. 6-5 Pure Shooter you can't teach. And we need a shooter almost more than anything. With Winston going to San Diego state these leaves even more room in the class for someone like parga. But we'll wait and see what lavin does.

Sorry I missed seeing you there, I did not wear Johnnie gear ether

Walker better prospect than Parga. Walker is an upgrade over Greene as a pure point guard to back up Branch. Not saying Walker better than Greene but to just play the 1 YES.

He had a quick first step but that did not define his game, he is very versatile with good size.

Ted, any idea if SJU has any interest in Walker at all? I know we looked at Parga, but all this discussion about Walker and he really wasn't the staff's focus. Just wondering otherwise all of this talk about Walker is really moot.

Sorry I missed ya too buddy. Citrus should be getting all home games in playoffs so I'm hoping to make another game. Hope you can make one too Ted. I liked your write ups on Parga and Walker. Thought they were spot on.

To answer the question of if Lavin has interest in Walker I think there might be. Lavin was there when he dropped 20+ with 8 assists. So I'm sure he liked him. But who knows. I do think we could use both these guys.

Sorry I missed ya too buddy. Citrus should be getting all home games in playoffs so I'm hoping to make another game. Hope you can make one too Ted. I liked your write ups on Parga and Walker. Thought they were spot on.

To answer the question of if Lavin has interest in Walker I think there might be. Lavin was there when he dropped 20+ with 8 assists. So I'm sure he liked him. But who knows. I do think we could use both these guys.

Thanks for the west coast POV Jeremy. I just do not feel Lavin came in time for either of these Cali kids. Parga seems to be favoring the beaches of Hawaii and Walker seems to have another Saint in mind. If landing other players with slightly lesser talent gets us higher quality players as a result I would tale Felix Balamou over Walker to help get Obekpa. I would favor getting Orlando Sanchez if it helps getting Galan. Just my east coast bias but no knock on Lav but there are a couple of mid-level players in NYC that would help more than Walker.

Walker would be a good get because coming from Utah St. he'll know how to play defense ... unless of course he had no desire to, and that's why he left there in the first place.

I think it was more about offensive style at Utah state for Walker rather than defense. He defended quote well at the game Ted and I were at.

I think it was more about offensive style at Utah state for Walker rather than defense. He defended quote well at the game Ted and I were at.

Too bad if we are so late to the party, assuming we are even interested. He sounds perfect.

Back