BET Talk

I did not have "UConn goes scoreless for 6 minutes" on my bingo card. But Mq not taking advantage, will likely bite them in the ass.

Not sure if it's fatigue or stress or both but both teams taking awhile to settle in. Hope Monte bet the under!
Whatever the reason, ugly, ugly game.

A combined 36 pts on 27% shooting with 2:42 left in the half.
Georgetown and DePaul type numbers
Usually when this happens second half will be opposite. Even when Fordham scores 20 in first half they end up with 60 something.

Offensive explosion in the last 2 minutes gets both teams in the mid 20s at halftime.

Clingan is really a lumbering player. I don’t see him as a big NBA guy. I guess he has more time to develop.
His real value to UConn is clogging middle and preventing easy drives. That enables the four other guys to defend the three aggressively and cheat a bit as well. If he scores easily it opens up threes on kick outs. Agree he is not a sure fire pro, but a somewhat unique college player who fits w what they do.

This game is being played by two teams with no pressure, as they both have their seeds locked up (Marquette may move up one if they win).

The only concern for the second half is that no one gets injured.

UConn beats us comfortably (wasn't as close as the score indicates) in a racing up and down the court game played in the 90s yesterday.

Going to beat Marquette comfortably in a rock fight tonight.

I can't see anybody beating them in the tourney

Back