Around the Big East

PAC-12 went out with a bang all around.

The conference is dead because a few morons didn’t want BYU when they were available.
That may have started the process sooner but even if BYU was added, I am not sure it would have survived. Big 10 wanted the two LA schools and had been wooing them and went hard. The rest of the dominoes fell thereafter.

Reportedly what really killed the PAC 12 conference was lack of financially favorable TV contracts. While conferences like SEC BIG10 and ACC had their own networks widely distributed the PAC 12 Commissioner demanded their network be carried on tiers that was unacceptable to most TV carriers such as Directv and major Cable companies. They also got less money from the ESPNs of the world mainly because of unfavorable time slots ie. Very late night games. Money rules.

Reportedly what really killed the PAC 12 conference was lack of financially favorable TV contracts. While conferences like SEC BIG10 and ACC had their own networks widely distributed the PAC 12 Commissioner demanded their network be carried on tiers that was unacceptable to most TV carriers such as Directv and major Cable companies. They also got less money from the ESPNs of the world mainly because of unfavorable time slots ie. Very late night games. Money rules.
Don't know how things would have evolved, but BYU has a huge following throughout the west. They should have been added with Utah, not Colorado. They have their own TV network.

ACC schools after hearing about the BE media deal.

Tantrum No GIF

Rothstein conference preview, we're at 5th with Kadary BEPOY, handful of our guys sprinkled throughout other lists:

Rothstein conference preview, we're at 5th with Kadary BEPOY, handful of our guys sprinkled throughout other lists:

Unfortunately, #5 may not be enough to get in the NCAA.

We only get in if we are ranked to end the season.
You said this before, and I don't agree. Seton Hall was unranked last year, and they would have been in if there had not been 5 bid stealers last year. 5 bid stealers is a lot (I think there had been a total of 2 the previous 3 years).

Throw in new metrics being used, and an extra at-large spot, and things will be different this year.

Back