Around the Big East

I guess not all the Indiana State guys were locks for St. Louis.

Which is a shame for St. Louis because these kids all seemed like they have high basketball IQs.

Watch Val's next move be to bring in Memphis with its annual $13 million NIL. 😁
I know you're joking about Memphis but, as of right now American Athletic Conference Schools make more in their TV deal than Big East schools. It shows you the power of televising football even if it's bad football.

I know you're joking about Memphis but, as of right now American Athletic Conference Schools make more in their TV deal than Big East schools. It shows you the power of televising football even if it's bad football.
The AAC schools are making about $8mill per year each on their new $1 bill 12 year contract vs $4 mill per year for BE teams and have to run a $10mill or plus football program with those additional $4 mill. Plus that contract is new. BE will not be signing for the same money now that they did 10 years ago. By my account that's bad business for the AAC. B1G get's $1 bill per year for comparison though does have to spread it out across more schools.

The AAC schools are making about $8mill per year each on their new $1 bill 12 year contract vs $4 mill per year for BE teams and have to run a $10mill or plus football program with those additional $4 mill. Plus that contract is new. BE will not be signing for the same money now that they did 10 years ago. By my account that's bad business for the AAC. B1G get's $1 bill per year for comparison though does have to spread it out across more schools.
All this is accurate, all I'm saying is I don't think the BE is going to get twice the money they got on their last deal. I don't think the big east will attract any American Athletic Conference schools to jump shit.

If we are looking to expand, I think our choices are going to be from basketball only conference and I'm not sure there are too many (if any) schools out there that would move the needle in regards to the up coming TV deal.

Oh I'm pretty sure they'll get close to double if not more, equal to or greater than the AAC's combined contract per year per team. The media rights landscape has changed significantly over the course of this contract. If top football conferences are getting $1 bill per year a top basketball conference with a 2x national champion and teams in significant media markets should be getting $80-100 mill per year vs $41 mill in the last one. Not saying they'll get anywhere near a real football conference but using the AAC as a benchmark is just not right.

Xavier has brought in 4-5 quality transfers while we’re still stuck at 0. But be patient!
So what is your alternative? Either you think Pitino knows what he is doing or you don’t. SJU currently has 8 players, 4 of whom IMO are going to get big minutes and I believe Glover and the Greek are not going to just sit. Many will not want to hear it but that’s the way I see it. I think Pitino is going to do what has made him successful and that means developing players and teams, filling in holes with his choices, not the fans.
I personally feel we have a much stronger nucleus in place than most here do but time will tell. Stronger arguments can be made for the latter position, that I acknowledge, but I have been watching players for a long time, and while that most certainly doesn’t make me right, it does make me pretty confident in my position.

Back