Around the Big East

I agree with you that the NIT is not that important. But to sit out of any game your TEAM plays is quitting on them. He shouldn't have even enrolled in school. He should have walked away from the team when he was injured. They basically weren't going anywhere.

Character is something teams look at and he is not someone I want on my TEAM. It's a ME FIRST move and it sickens me.
Yeah, I'm sure an NBA team will overlook his talent and future prospects because he chose to sit out NIT game and now consider him a quitter who lacks character!

Villanova about to lose to Liberty.
Caleb Daniels who always seems to hit daggers every time we play them, can’t throw the ball on the ocean. 2-15 from the field, 0-9 from three.

Big East craps out of NIT as Nova and Hall both suffer Road loses.
I didn’t watch either game (I did watch Hofstra vs Rutgers) but would not be surprised if someone told me their players just didn’t want to be there and just showed up. It happens. Some teams really get up for this as they see it as a chance for redemption, others get up for it because they are playing a team from a brand name conference or a team with a brand name while others just don’t want to be there.

I didn’t watch either game (I did watch Hofstra vs Rutgers) but would not be surprised if someone told me their players just didn’t want to be there and just showed up. It happens. Some teams really get up for this as they see it as a chance for redemption, others get up for it because they are playing a team from a brand name conference or a team with a brand name while others just don’t want to be there.
The NIT has jumped the shark

Watched the games and didn't get that sense. It was nothing like us vs Robert Morris. Both games were hard fought close road loses.

I wish the NIT could be set up as a play-in for teams on the bubble of the NCAAs.

I wish the NIT could be set up as a play-in for teams on the bubble of the NCAAs.
Get rid of it and let 240 teams in the tournament. Give a mid-tournament bye to the highest remaining seed when it reaches the final 15 teams.

They seem to want watered-down content and more money, so there you go.

Get rid of it and let 240 teams in the tournament. Give a mid-tournament bye to the highest remaining seed when it reaches the final 15 teams.

They seem to want watered-down content and more money, so there you go.
Why not make the division 1 championship tournament be an "open" tournament with all D-1 teams playing. Higher seeds could have bye in first round and home game in second round to get to the round of 64. (Round 1 would be all teams below the "top 128" with some getting a bye; round 2 would be 128 games. this would add a week to National tournament schedule)

Why not make the division 1 championship tournament be an "open" tournament with all D-1 teams playing. Higher seeds could have bye in first round and home game in second round to get to the round of 64. (Round 1 would be all teams below the "top 128" with some getting a bye; round 2 would be 128 games. this would add a week to National tournament schedule)
I thought about that but the math wasn't nearly as tidy with 358 teams 😁

Watched the games and didn't get that sense. It was nothing like us vs Robert Morris. Both games were hard fought close road loses.
Seton Hall played well in the second half. It took them about 25 minutes of game time, for them to adjust to the altitude. That missed dunk early second half (I forget who it was) was basically them bottoming out. Down the stretch, Colorado just made one more play than Seton Hall did.

It already is in a way. That is why the post season conference tournaments were created. Gives all teams a shot to win, get in, and go from there.

It already is in a way. That is why the post season conference tournaments were created. Gives all teams a shot to win, get in, and go from there.
Please don't change the current format of the NCAA Tournament. Let's not turn this into England's FA Cup where not just the 90 or so professional clubs participate but hundreds more (at least it has a tradition of this format dating back to the 18 hundreds).

Please don't change the current format of the NCAA Tournament. Let's not turn this into England's FA Cup where not just the 90 or so professional clubs participate but hundreds more (at least it has a tradition of this format dating back to the 18 hundreds).
Yeah, March Madness pools would become nightmarish.

Cooley is actively recruiting transfers to PC which indicates he is not leaving. On the other hand he has had multiple chances to shoot down rumors that he is thinking of leaving for Georgetown and he has refused which leaves the impression he is at least thinking about it.

Jeff Borzello indicates Georgetown is on hold for Cooley and if he says no they will pivot to Shrewsbury:

If they go to 128 I’ll ignore the first round (except for my team if they are playing) as even now there are a lot of beat first round matchups.

Back