Around College Basketball

For you insomniacs out there on the East Coast, here's livestream of California's open division state championship:

St. Joseph's has a stud soph.
did it start?
Can't watch, just a still picture.

Last edited:
Kind of strange to have a team named Duke on a 9 game winning streak and win ACC Tourney and not be a 1 or 2 seed.

But they are a legit darkhorse to win it, would not want to play them.
I would love to play them because it would mean we were in the tournament !

Two excellent 1 pm games today - Texas A &M vs. Alabama and Dayton vs. VCU on ESPN & CBS respectively.
Watching the Dayton vs VCU game and I just can’t help but think what a wonderful addition to the Big East Dayton would be. I know we’ve discussed it in this board and we all kind of agree that Xavier would probably never go for it. I Googled it and they are 44 miles apart. A lot further than UNC and Duke are from each other. It would make for a great in state rivalry for Ohio.

Watching the Dayton vs VCU game and I just can’t help but think what a wonderful addition to the Big East Dayton would be. I know we’ve discussed it in this board and we all kind of agree that Xavier would probably never go for it. I Googled it and they are 44 miles apart. A lot further than UNC and Duke are from each other. It would make for a great in state rivalry for Ohio.
Dayton missed their last 15 shots to end the game! I think either Dayton or VCU would be good additions to the Big East.

I have watched a lot of the Big Ten Tournament (and season) because my son went to Penn State and of course he is excited by their run.

I must say the Conference in my opinion stinks. I have no idea but I have seen projections of 9 or 10 coming from there. I haven’t watched as much college this year given our situation so I can’t say if not these teams then whomever should be in. So I am admitting I can’t weigh resumes. But wow am I unimpressed. Outside of Purdue and I am not sure an uptempo team doesn’t dump them early I am betting my son that the Big Ten is going to be one of the overrated early exit disappointments in the Tournament. Anybody else disagree with this or agree?

I have watched a lot of the Big Ten Tournament (and season) because my son went to Penn State and of course he is excited by their run.

I must say the Conference in my opinion stinks. I have no idea but I have seen projections of 9 or 10 coming from there. I haven’t watched as much college this year given our situation so I can’t say if not these teams then whomever should be in. So I am admitting I can’t weigh resumes. But wow am I unimpressed. Outside of Purdue and I am not sure an uptempo team doesn’t dump them early I am betting my son that the Big Ten is going to be one of the overrated early exit disappointments in the Tournament. Anybody else disagree with this or agree?
I watch a good amount of Big Ten Basketball also and there is a lot of parity in the league. The schools getting bids beat tournament teams in the out of conference and will be competitive but I agree most are not outstanding and their seeding will be representative of that.

Good luck to Penn State. My son goes to Maryland.

Dayton missed their last 15 shots to end the game! I think either Dayton or VCU would be good additions to the Big East.

Both programs are high quality would definitely compete in the Big East. I'm may be in the minority, but I don't think bigger is always better. What makes the Big East so great is we play every team every year, home and home. I think more conferences should be like that. NOW, if you told me we could boot UConn, sure give me either of these teams right away :D!

Both programs are high quality would definitely compete in the Big East. I'm may be in the minority, but I don't think bigger is always better. What makes the Big East so great is we play every team every year, home and home. I think more conferences should be like that. NOW, if you told me we could boot UConn, sure give me either of these teams right away :D!
How about booting UConn and taking Dayton AND VCU?

I hated the bloated version of the Big East and am very happy the current structure allows for full home and home.

Back