Around College Basketball

In his last press conference after the game he said it was up to the University. The University has spoken.

A shame he didn’t leave on his own terms which he should have done after both his sons finished their careers last year.
It does seem like that. I mean no mention of a retirement and no statement from Jim. Just his tenure has "come to an end."

Will they hold a press conference where Jimmy formally retires and says he is totally on board with the transition. John Thompson and Looie both went out on their own terms and obviously had post coaching roles at those schools.

I can't believe Jimmy would not want the same thing.

It does seem like that. I mean no mention of a retirement and no statement from Jim. Just his tenure has "come to an end."

Will they hold a press conference where Jimmy formally retires and says he is totally on board with the transition. John Thompson and Looie both went out on their own terms and obviously had post coaching roles at those schools.

This was handled very badly by the University IMHO. They could have waited to make this announcement a day or more to try to get on the same page with an announcement. Like him or not, after 60 years as a player, assistant coach and then headcoach, Boheim deserved at least that.

This was handled very badly by the University IMHO. They could have waited to make this announcement a day or more to try to get on the same page with an announcement. Like him or not, after 60 years as a player, assistant coach and then headcoach, Boheim deserved at least that.
Not a Boeheim fan at all (in fact I can't stand him from BE days), but agree 100% How a university can screw something like that up so badly is beyond comprehension, even if they wanted him gone.

During his postgame press conference, my first reaction while it was happening was that I thought he put the ball in the school's court thinking they wouldn't have the guts to make that call. They called his bluff.

During his postgame press conference, my first reaction while it was happening was that I thought he put the ball in the school's court thinking they wouldn't have the guts to make that call. They called his bluff.
They sure as hell did and at rapid speed.

That's exactly what he did and they did.

Rutgers puts the defensive screws on Michigan in the 2nd half to clinch a bid for themselves and send Michigan to the NIT. Howard isn't on the hot seat by any stretch there but he'll definitely need a bounce back next year to keep his seat cool

Rutgers puts the defensive screws on Michigan in the 2nd half to clinch a bid for themselves and send Michigan to the NIT. Howard isn't on the hot seat by any stretch there but he'll definitely need a bounce back next year to keep his seat cool
Rutgers a tough defensive team all year.

Evidently there is a presser scheduled for Friday to announce Autry. I would hope that Jim is there as well. If he is not then you know there is real bad blood.

Back