April 01, 2022

Fresh start

There are definitely some things to work through but a few notes:

1. There were two migrations completed overnight. One migrated the existing live redmen.com forum. The other migrated two old archives with posts and other data going back to 1999. In the first migration we were not able to migrate over Private messages. This new system has a very powerful and updated forum and private messaging system. But we did not have an easy path to migrate. We also could not import user avatars and other photos you may have had on your redmen.com profile. These things are not lost. You can still access them and if you like, update your profile and your fancy new account. But strange enough some of the second migration (the older data) we were able to import some of those things. So you may have some private messages in your account now going back many years. And some of the accounts got their avatar updated but from their very old version.
  2. I will be leaving parts of redmen.com functioning for a little while in order to help everyone migrate and to give everyone time to clear out private messages and collect old avatars or pictures.
  3. Some of the old archives are currently visible to all members. Have fun with that. Some older forum archives and in that migration ( some posts and private messages from 1999-2011) some of the old avatars are private messages were imported.
  4. I believe all of your accounts were also merged properly. So your past redmen.com self and your account as it was yesterday - here now and moving forward.
  5. The Rookie Forum still lives. But we have a different approach. Rookies can now post in the main Fan forum but noobs can still have a place to be noob... Moderation has some new elements and if people don't behave they will be banned. New processes and standards forthcoming. For now -play nice.
  6. Everyone will need to reset their password on the new forum. As long as your email was valid, this should be no problem. If it wasn't valid, contact me and we'll fix it.
  7. IMPORTANT: no more user handles. Your username is your handle. Whatever your username is, that is your handle. For anyone that had a username that was different than their handle/display name, you can change your username in your account.
  8. IMPORTANT: For anyone whose username was your email address I had to substitute a random username for you. You should definitely change your username in these case because the ones that I gave you are super lame and people will feel sorry for you for representing so poorly... ;)
  9. There will be ongoing updates and tweak over the next few days. I encourage anyone who needs help to contact me directly. I will also be publishing some tutorials on new features like using the forum as an app on your phone and https://red.fans

I know there are some issues to work through and new features to absorb. And oh yea, I hope you enjoyed my April Fools message.

Last edited:
It's good to be back. I'm not sure anybody remembers me or even that I should be remembered lol, but I was a regular/semi-regular who used to post here under the handle "Plexxxx" back in the early days of redmen.com (1998 to 2001 mainly). At that point my life changed quite a bit and I lost my desire to contribute and then later I lost my login information, but I have never lost my love of the Johnnies. Even though I haven't posted in 20 years, I have read the forum on a daily (usually multiple times a day) basis during that time away, so while I may be a considered a new jack to most of you, I am anything but. I look forward to talking St. John's hoops with all of you again. Thanks Paul, for making this the best place for SJU fans to gather and holding that mantle for nearly 25 years and counting.
I remember the handle. Welcome back.

Would be nice to have a thread with some posters updating their handles because there are quite a few new names and I'm sure they are older posters just with a new name this time around.

Thanks for keeping us technologically up to date. Took this guy a few minutes to navigate but it's a pretty nice site, as has been every iteration since '99

Back