2024-25 Season

Just a mid-August thought to stir things up, but I'm curious on thoughts as to the prospect of Glover, Lefty and/or Prey having a larger impact than anticipated this year. It's been a long time since we've had a surprise breakout performer, and I'm wondering whether there's any chance of that happening with any of these guys? Not expecting a "David Cain" type surprise, but it would be nice to see one of these guys contribute in an unexpected way -- which could be tough when we have such a disciplined coach (which is meant as a compliment).

Just a mid-August thought to stir things up, but I'm curious on thoughts as to the prospect of Glover, Lefty and/or Prey having a larger impact than anticipated this year. It's been a long time since we've had a surprise breakout performer, and I'm wondering whether there's any chance of that happening with any of these guys? Not expecting a "David Cain" type surprise, but it would be nice to see one of these guys contribute in an unexpected way -- which could be tough when we have such a disciplined coach (which is meant as a compliment).
Just from info I have heard from people who know glover's game very well, he could bully his way into the lineup.

Just from info I have heard from people who know glover's game very well, he could bully his way into the lineup.
I think you can stick him several places with the style Pitino will be looking to play, so it's good for Glover that late-arriving Euros will be behind him in terms of knowing what Pitino wants and expects. Maybe not good for fans, but good for a freshman on a seemingly loaded team to start season as an 8th man and not a 10th man

I think any one of them could surprise us, but especially Ruben or Jaiden.

We are thin up front. Prey will get some run. Euro players are a step ahead in fundamentals. He is a year older than Lefty. He has been banging with older, more mature players up front. Hopeful he can contribute.

We are thin up front. Prey will get some run. Euro players are a step ahead in fundamentals. He is a year older than Lefty. He has been banging with older, more mature players up front. Hopeful he can contribute.
Assuming of course he gets his visa and shows up! School starts in less than two weeks.

Back