2024-25 Season

The staff didn’t choose Michigan or West Virginia, both were conference challenges. Bad luck on our end that they ended up being bad.

I think the scheduling miscue was having Fordham and Hofstra.this year. I think Pitino thought there would be more juice in those games than there was. Both are fine cupcakes but nothing more & should be played on campus
I thought Fordham at MSG was okay (not great) as Fordham brought some people. Hofstra at UBS was a disaster as Hofstra didn't move any tickets at all. Considering UBS is 15 minutes down Hempstead Turnpike it's obvious that Hofstra fans REALLY don't like to pay to park.

Was thinking about this in the morning. I consider Hofstra (NET 112) and Fordham (176) small upgrades over schools from the NEC and the MAAC that CMA would schedule. Schools like Wagner (290!) and St. Peters (188). And since both of those schools made the tournament, it shows what a bogus thing wins against tournament teams is. It means very little, especially since if you have wins against at large tournament teams there is something to supposedly capture that already. Quad One and Quad Two wins.

I haven't seen that idiotic metric (wins against tournament teams) proven as nonsense yet, if this had already been pointed out, oops.

Seems like we should be playing top 10 schools or bottom feeders in power 5 conference on the road. Playing teams that are good but not great seems to hurt the resume. Losing to a middle tier power 5 school hurts and it seems like beating them does not help much. For some reason the committee would respect a loss to Carolina much more then a win vs someone like Florida State or NC State.

I thought Fordham at MSG was okay (not great) as Fordham brought some people. Hofstra at UBS was a disaster as Hofstra didn't move any tickets at all. Considering UBS is 15 minutes down Hempstead Turnpike it's obvious that Hofstra fans REALLY don't like to pay to park.

Was thinking about this in the morning. I consider Hofstra (NET 112) and Fordham (176) small upgrades over schools from the NEC and the MAAC that CMA would schedule. Schools like Wagner (290!) and St. Peters (188). And since both of those schools made the tournament, it shows what a bogus thing wins against tournament teams is. It means very little, especially since if you have wins against at large tournament teams there is something to supposedly capture that already. Quad One and Quad Two wins.

I haven't seen that idiotic metric (wins against tournament teams) proven as nonsense yet, if this had already been pointed out, oops.
I think there is a substantial opportunity cost by wasting a game at MSG with Fordham, versus another formidable opponent. We only have so many slots available there, I'd rather use the Holiday Festival for a formidable team like a New Mexico. I do like the idea of having a tri-state area basketball tournament, so that would be one exception.

Totally agree about the other point.

I think there is a substantial opportunity cost by wasting a game at MSG with Fordham, versus another formidable opponent. We only have so many slots available there, I'd rather use the Holiday Festival for a formidable team like a New Mexico. I do like the idea of having a tri-state area basketball tournament, so that would be one exception.

Totally agree about the other point.
What we need is some more Mountain West teams on the schedule apparently. They’ve been racking up bids and National Championships!

Before any defections or additions this is what next year's roster looks like:

Glenn Taylor Jr.F6' 6"205 lbsSeniorLas Vegas (Arizona Compass Prep)
Drissa TraoreF6' 8"220 lbsJuniorNew York (Long Island Lutheran HS)
Simeon WilcherG6' 4"180 lbsSophomorePlainfield
Cruz DavisG6' 3"175 lbsSophomorePlano (Huntington Prep)
Khaman MakerC7'1"210 lbsFreshmanNevada
Jaiden GloverG6'6"180 lbsFreshmanNew Jersey
Brady DunlapF6' 7"190 lbsSophomoreNewhall
Zuby EjioforF-C6' 9"235 lbsJuniorGarland (Garland HS)
Sadiku Ibine AyoF6' 6"205 lbsJuniorAsabi-Kumasi (Our Saviour Lutheran HS)
RJ Luis Jr.G-F6' 7"210 lbsJuniorMiami (Mt. Zion Prep School)
Eleftherios LiotopoulosG6' 5"190 lbsFreshmanGreece

I have heard that Cruz Davis will be leaving, and that Ayo may not be back either.

That would leave a minimum of five spots to fill but Pitino was quoted as saying he was looking at recruiting 7 to 8 more players (which means he knows that others will not be back).

Just based on what we have at the moment, getting another good point guard seems important. Getting both a power forward and a strong rim protector also seems very important. Additionally, adding shooting seems pretty critical too.

We are losing six experienced players: Soriano, Ledlum, Alleyne, Dingle, Jenkins and Conway. Those six players accounted for about 3/4's of our scoring and about 2/3's of our rebounding. Given that Pitino is adverse to using Freshmen, he would need to bring in some really strong experienced pieces through the portal.

He does not have the advantage of bringing in one of his own like he did when he brought in Jenkins last year but he does have the advantage of not getting a late start, like he was forced to do for 2023/2024. He obviously has strong recruiting skills and hopefully they can find a way for them to begin meshing earlier than this past group did.

'I think the scheduling miscue was having Hofstra.this year. Both are fine cupcakes but nothing more & should be played on campus'
Cupcakes? Did you see the game? The 2 best players on the court were Dutchmen and we were life and death to win and Daniss had to stand on his head and pull the team through hoops to get us there. P. S. Did you happen to see that the Acc got 5 bids to our 3 and that Pitt was 1st four out and SJ's wasnt?

Thought I read somewhere Ledlum was eligible to stay. Is that not a possibility any longer?

2023-24 was a nightmare of a season for me and a complete and total failure for Pitino and the team. I don't want to watch another college game this year and I no longer want to go to the Bahamas.
That free Johnnywalker blue that you got at the amex lounge at the UBS game wasn't a nightmare :)

Khaman Maker
Jaiden Glover
Eleftherios Liotopoulos

Which of the new 3 are ready to make an impact next season?

Back