2024-25 Season

Not really.

For multiple reasons, Pitino was OK bringing multiple Iona players last year. Some made it, some didn't We went over on roster with NIL.

For whatever reason, Pitino was OK bringing him back again. Someone has to be the scout players and get beat up in practice and not require a huge paycheck. He may not play or maybe he will. Pitino was ok putting in Traore to get point across. Perhaps the same here. Hope to see him get a few min even in early season games.

For multiple reasons, Pitino was OK bringing multiple Iona players last year. Maybe the same reason he was comfortable cutting 10?

Not really.

For multiple reasons, Pitino was OK bringing multiple Iona players last year. Some made it, some didn't We went over on roster with NIL.

For whatever reason, Pitino was OK bringing him back again. Someone has to be the scout players and get beat up in practice and not require a huge paycheck. He may not play or maybe he will. Pitino was ok putting in Traore to get point across. Perhaps the same here. Hope to see him get a few min even in early season games.
Absolutely agree.

I might be the biggest Ayo fan on here, but I think he will be largely blocked by Scott this season. Scott has all the same strengths but is a little better in all those areas.

Ayo’s best angle there is being more rugged in the post.
Not to mention much more experience

If he’s defending the two consistently then something amazing or horrible has happened.

We will see how the consistent rotations shake out.

If the 2-4 is him, Kadary and Scott in any combination, which I hope we see a lot of, then I could see where RJ would be guarding 2s. Scott to me is the most equipped to guard the bigger forwards and Kadary will be given the lesser threat of the other two wings so he can roam around and avoid fouls. Kadarys best attribute there is as a help defender using his hands and reach, but the same could be said for RJ.

If it’s Dunlap, Luis, and Scott. I would see Dunlap as the last option for guarding the 2, and again would lean towards Scott guarding the bigger option.

If he's 2 guard too...then we'll be Guard U.
Think the more advertisement he can get as a guard or wing as opposed to a forward will help him as a prospect. Dont see him offensively as a SG, but if it helps his psyche while he fits in with the rest of our guards/wings then all the better!

We will see how the consistent rotations shake out.

If the 2-4 is him, Kadary and Scott in any combination, which I hope we see a lot of, then I could see where RJ would be guarding 2s. Scott to me is the most equipped to guard the bigger forwards and Kadary will be given the lesser threat of the other two wings so he can roam around and avoid fouls. Kadarys best attribute there is as a help defender using his hands and reach, but the same could be said for RJ.

If it’s Dunlap, Luis, and Scott. I would see Dunlap as the last option for guarding the 2, and again would lean towards Scott guarding the bigger option.
Wilcher probably guarding the two when he’s out there. Luis looked great on the ball with his length, but was a statue once he had to slide a few steps or turn his hips. He does have that eraser length to block shots from behind when he’s beaten.

So if he’s out there guarding 2s he’s either made a huge jump or something has gone wrong with other players.

Think Luis will be slightly better against 4s and 5s than Scott, but will need to see both together.

The real fun could be Richmond, Dunlap, Scott, and Luis in there 2-5.

My least favorite time of the basketball year, especially in this “new world” game; fans who have never seen the majority of the players play individually, never mind them playing together as a team, making predictions.
Me, I just hope Pitino, gets all of it right this year because I read all the same things preseason last year, including today’s X quote about what a fantastic group of players SHU has.
Not mocking or belittling that, that is utterly fantastic but I want to see a coherent winning team. Hopefully that will happen but it is far from guaranteed.

Back