2024-25 Rankings

Just looking at the first couple weeks and our chances at an AP ranking:

Week 1:
Vs. Fordham, Vs. Quinnipiac
Go 2-0 and there's an outside chance we could be ranked. Everyone in the Top 25 is playing cupcakes that week so it's unlikely any ranked teams will lose, but the Rutgers win may cause some of the AP to swap our position on their ballots. Certainly wouldn't surprise me if we make up the 11 point difference between us and #25 Rutgers (91 vs. 102).

Week 2:
Vs. Wagner, Vs. New Mexico
Huge MSG game. Start 4-0 and I think we'll be ranked heading into the Bahamas.

Would a ranking after a week or two mean much? Obviously not, but I'd still enjoy it.

Just looking at the first couple weeks and our chances at an AP ranking:

Week 1:
Vs. Fordham, Vs. Quinnipiac
Go 2-0 and there's an outside chance we could be ranked. Everyone in the Top 25 is playing cupcakes that week so it's unlikely any ranked teams will lose, but the Rutgers win may cause some of the AP to swap our position on their ballots. Certainly wouldn't surprise me if we make up the 11 point difference between us and #25 Rutgers (91 vs. 102).

Week 2:
Vs. Wagner, Vs. New Mexico
Huge MSG game. Start 4-0 and I think we'll be ranked heading into the Bahamas.

Would a ranking after a week or two mean much? Obviously not, but I'd still enjoy it.
I care about it insomuch as building up local hype and boosting attendance at the MSG games especially. Would love to see us and the Knicks on the back page since football will be done by December (sorry Jets fans)

I care about it insomuch as building up local hype and boosting attendance at the MSG games especially. Would love to see us and the Knicks on the back page since football will be done by December (sorry Jets fans)

Absolutely, we can only count on St. John's fans to buy tickets for the New Mexico game (unlike our other MSG games with local/bigger rivals), so playing for a ranking or especially being ranked that week would go a long way in filling up MSG.

Back