2024-2025 Schedule

Sorry I realized these are all different comments. Last year we had 6 on FOX and 1 on CBS. Hopefully we get flexed into the additional two games. A little disappointing and surprising we have less this year. We also only had one game on ESPN and one on ESPN2. I'd assume Baha Mar will be on ESPN/2 (and not ESPNU). I don't know about UGA.

I’m not sure 6 games against Fordham, Wagner , Delaware , Bryant , Harvard and Quinnipiac are the stuff that strength of schedule is built on ?
I have not looked at other BE Schools OOC games but , just wonder if we could not do better in the future .
And , it’s not good to lose to any of these teams , if that should happen .
I would rather see 3 more tough games in OOC rather than Cup Cakes. Losing to a higher caliber of team isn’t a Tourney breaker , especially in the early season .
Just my opinion .

Perhaps but outside of a small, angry fan base in or around South Orange, I’m not sure how many folks even appreciate the situation or frankly even know about it.
I think the atmosphere will be made-for-TV. Hopefully we're a national story and top 25 with Kadary leading the way, that'll get enough people interested.

Bahar Mar site now lists cbssports for all games. Good vacation for my buddy Andrew Catalon, it’s just too bad he’ll spend it with Steve Lappas 🤣

Baha Mar on CBSSN. Brutal

And for an old guy like me, the fact that no home game will be later than 7;30 works well. Only potential 9:30 start would be in the Bahamas so i'll just take a nap by the pool. And the 11 AM start at Atlantis against UGA? Perfect, allows for beach time afterwards.

Now we need to make sure to stay out of the dreaded 3, 6 or 11 seeds for the BE tournament to avoid the late bracket.

I think the atmosphere will be made-for-TV. Hopefully we're a national story and top 25 with Kadary leading the way, that'll get enough people interested.
I think you are grossly overestimating the interest of a situation that isn’t remotely a dial mover even locally except for a small group of fanatics on either side of the river.

Loving the Saturday early evening/night games vs. Harvard, Delaware, and Nova, as well as the 3 pm game vs Crieghton (that's ideal for a weekend, IMO).

Normally, I would hate the 11:30 am start vs. Kansas State (I'm not a morning person), but I have a family commitment that night, so in this case, I'll take it.

Last edited:
I think you are grossly overestimating the interest of a situation that isn’t remotely a dial mover even locally except for a small group of fanatics on either side of the river.
CBS picked the game up for @ Carnesseca, so I'm not that off. Their game in February on FS1 also had 400k+ viewers, which was also a top 7 league game on FS1.

Yeah, but we're a really fanatical group of fanatics.

So you need to get a Peacock subscription to watch the Harvard, DePaul, Creighton and G’town games? So much for Fox Sports.
And, likely at least one in the Big East tournament (unless we finish 2nd or 3rd). They have the entire first day, and the afternoon Quarterfinal session.

We have the second most national TV games in the Big East (7) to UConn (11). Says a lot about the value of our brand and Pitino given the majority of the conference has had far more success than us the past couple decades. Nova for instance only has 2 national games, which is half of Georgetown's 4 (another brand the networks are desperate will break out).

And yes, the Bahamas tournament unfortunately is all on CBSSN (not CBS), but we'll still get plenty of national exposure this year.

Back