2024-2025 Schedule

We have the second most national TV games in the Big East (7) to UConn (11). Says a lot about the value of our brand and Pitino given the majority of the conference has had far more success than us the past couple decades. Nova for instance only has 2 national games, which is half of Georgetown's 4 (another brand the networks are desperate will break out).

And yes, the Bahamas tournament unfortunately is all on CBSSN (not CBS), but we'll still get plenty of national exposure this year.
Only 5 of those are guarneteed, though.

The Fox/FS1 listings for at Seton Hall and at Marquette are an either/or scenerio (the first because of football playoffs, the second because the Big East likes to wait on that last weekend, and push the better matchups, if they can).

Only 5 of those are guarneteed, though.

The Fox/FS1 listings for at Seton Hall and at Marquette are an either/or scenerio (the first because of football playoffs, the second because the Big East likes to wait on that last weekend, and push the better matchups, if they can).
Gotcha but we're still second even if you remove the guaranteed games, other teams are in the same boat.

Gotcha but we're still second even if you remove the guaranteed games, other teams are in the same boat.
Yes, they like to leave that last Saturday wide open, if they can (when we've closed at MSG, they can't do that, so we were always locked in). If we want to be on National TV that day, we'd better be good (although I think we will be anyway, because I don't think us and Marquette will both be bad).

We're powerless re: January 18th. It all depneds on the NFL Playoff schedule.

Yes, they like to leave that last Saturday wide open, if they can (when we've closed at MSG, they can't do that, so we were always locked in). If we want to be on National TV that day, we'd better be good (although I think we will be anyway, because I don't think us and Marquette will both be bad).

We're powerless re: January 18th. It all depneds on the NFL Playoff schedule.

My mistake, I meant to say we're still second if you remove the "non-guaranteed" games, not guaranteed. So I think regardless of how you look at it the national networks are putting us second to UConn this year. Hopefully the non-guaranteed games go our way though and end up on Fox. Night and day ratings difference with FS1.

Any Radio broadcast, or just the streaming bs?
We haven't been on radio now for quite a long time, BS, Seton Hall was (now streaming only too) but Rutgers, not St. John's, is on WFAN, and before that 880 AM, we used to make broadcast radio, not any longer,

Minko is great but no one gets to hear him, they have to get Brandon Tierney to commit to ALL games.

I'm a radio guy, like listening to sports on the radio keeps my temperature lower than watching on TV and throwing things at the screen :)

We haven't been on radio now for quite a long time, BS, Seton Hall was (now streaming only too) but Rutgers, not St. John's, is on WFAN, and before that 880 AM, we used to make broadcast radio, not any longer,

Minko is great but no one gets to hear him, they have to get Brandon Tierney to commit to ALL games.

I'm a radio guy, like listening to sports on the radio keeps my temperature lower than watching on TV and throwing things at the screen :)
So when they're on peacock I'll just listen to the opponents radio, going to get college basketball radio app. Creighton I'm sure is on the radio, but doubt Harvard has a radio broadcast.

If anything I'll just score board watch.

If you're going to go on the college basketball radio, just get the St. John's app, and listin to our guys. No charge for it.
Not sure who is not doing that now these days.
All vehicles have Bluetooth so no issue there. I’m 1600 miles away and if I am driving during the game, I always listen to Minko call our games.

Time to revive mjmaherjr's WSJU basketball game broadcast career. What a velvet voice he had. Was like listening to God

Back