2024/2025 Roster

Wilcher was never going from 9 mpg as a freshman to 25-30 mpg and the lead guard as a sophomore. I'd expect his minutes to double and his role to increase significantly this year. If in another year Pitino brings in a bunch of stud guards in the portal that would play over him than sure, maybe then Wilcher thinks about his options. But no sense in debating that hypothetical at this time.
The thread is laborious, but since it was started, there are TONS of guys in college BB who go from 10 minutes as freshmen to 25-30 plus minute guys in year 2. Depends on the guy and situaiton. But it is not true to say it was "never going to happen" like it would be unusual. Heck, there are guys who do that by the end of their first year. Just sayin'.

The thread is laborious, but since it was started, there are TONS of guys in college BB who go from 10 minutes as freshmen to 25-30 plus minute guys in year 2. Depends on the guy and situaiton. But it is not true to say it was "never going to happen" like it would be unusual. Heck, there are guys who do that by the end of their first year. Just sayin'.
But he can still average 20-24 minutes per game this year. It's not even out of the question with how the roster stands today. That's what makes this whole topic especially annoying.

Sly trying to Curbelo red.fans
You know there could have been a Decent and courteous way to respond to one’s opinion on this topic but , I see that is beyond the mind set of those that replied to the post
Even you , LMF succumbed to the bait .
Disagree but , don’t be obnoxious about it .
You were as were others

You know there could have been a Decent and courteous way to respond to one’s opinion on this topic but , I see that is beyond the mind set of those that replied to the post
Even you , LMF succumbed to the bait .
Disagree but , don’t be obnoxious about it .
You were as were others
No one had any issue with your opinion. It was the headline that scared the crap out of people.

Wilcher will start next to Smith in my opinion with Kadary at the 3 . I think he takes a big sophmore leap.
IF* Sim is starting Opening night... he must have had a HELL of an offseason... which is a great thing... OR... we didn't get Ledlum/Watkins... OR... RJ is still hurt....

the Starters i have penciled (cause there is no using pen with this group) - Smith/Kadary/RJ/Zuby.... that 5th spot is up for grabs

IF* Sim is starting Opening night... he must have had a HELL of an offseason... which is a great thing... OR... we didn't get Ledlum/Watkins... OR... RJ is still hurt....

the Starters i have penciled (cause there is no using pen with this group) - Smith/Kadary/RJ/Zuby.... that 5th spot is up for grabs
I don’t think Smith plays a wild amount of minutes. I think he’s around a 25 minute guy. That opens the door for others.

You have to keep Sim and Brady happy. You have to keep Zuby happy. I don’t think it matters if Prince is happy because we can afford a transfer from him after the season if Zuby and Maker are coming back.

Going small when Zuby isn’t on the floor would be a great way to get our forwards minutes.

I don’t think Smith plays a wild amount of minutes. I think he’s around a 25 minute guy. That opens the door for others.

You have to keep Sim and Brady happy. You have to keep Zuby happy. I don’t think it matters if Prince is happy because we can afford a transfer from him after the season if Zuby and Maker are coming back.

Going small when Zuby isn’t on the floor would be a great way to get our forwards minutes.
Or maybe guys that deserve to play will play. I like Witcher and think he will do enough to get PT but if struggles…,
Expect Dunlap to struggle and eventually not play.

Last edited:

Agree with all of this but the happiness part. I think the sophs/Zuby need fair opportunities and honest/clear feedback on how to earn more PT + becoming better players.

Do think its important to keep Kadary/Luis "happy" since them being bought into a team concept isn't 100% certain and the potential downside is calamitous.

Agree with all of this but the happiness part. I think the sophs/Zuby need fair opportunities and honest/clear feedback on how to earn more PT + becoming better players.

Do think it’s important to keep Kadary/Luis "happy" since them being bought into a team concept isn't 100% certain and the potential downside is calamitous.
If you have to bend over backwards to placate certain players so they are “happy”, you are going nowhere as a team.

I expect both Wilcher and Dunlap to get a fair amount of PT. Both seem to be hard workers with some skills.

If you have to bend over backwards to placate certain players so they are “happy”, you are going nowhere as a team.
I don’t think Pitino is the type of guy to allow a player to run the show. Soriano was the best player on the team last year and Pitino didn’t baby him at all.

Back