2022 Mets

Scherzer must be worn down. We got him for the big games and he hasn't come through. That said the way we hit against good pitching makes it hard to win. At least Marte got two hits.
Tonight is a big night for Jake. If he doesn't look good I believe it impacts his free agent contract.

They said on one of the broadcasts he's still dealing with the rib injury so he's definitely not 100%, and I still want him on my team period. Great team guy and pitcher ...

Great bounce back win. Jake wasn’t great but fought with just good enough stuff.

The greedy MLB blacked out the games internationally since they sold the rights to one of the local cable companies. I have to wait until 90 after the game ends to watch it in MLB.TV. Bastards.

They act like they're still the NFL when they're somewhere between the ABA and NHL in terms of need for fan growth.

They act like they're still the NFL when they're somewhere between the ABA and NHL in terms of need for fan growth.
The worst part is not only the “greed” but it’s the outright abuse. I already have satellite and pay (like everyone else) for SNY. Then I pay for MLB package. Then I have to have Apple or Apple Plus or maybe Amazon. Then they pile on weird blackout rules. I still didn’t have access to all the games.

To MainMan’s point about growth. How about putting the “deciding” game at say 5 o’clock tonight. Last nights game (or was it this mornings game) ended at almost midnight. Over 4 hours! Sure yesterday was a Saturday but not tonight. Kids have school and parents have work. Completely driven by TV money. To make it worse, the NFL will crush MLB ratings tonight, at least Nationally. So why not just give it a reasonable start time? It’s insane.

Just FYI it’s 3:15 EST just checked the baseball app. You can get tickets for as low as $97 per ticket. Of course, excluding the exorbitant fees. A Deciding game…in NY. Think about it.

Last edited:
The worst part is not only the “greed” but it’s the outright abuse. I already have satellite and pay (like everyone else) for SNY. Then I pay for MLB package. Then I have to have Apple or Apple Plus or maybe Amazon. Then they pile on weird blackout rules. I still didn’t have access to all the games.

To MainMan’s point about growth. How about putting the “deciding” game at say 5 o’clock tonight. Last nights game (or was it this mornings game) ended at almost midnight. Over 4 hours! Sure yesterday was a Saturday but not tonight. Kids have school and parents have work. Completely driven by TV money. To make it worse, the NFL will crush MLB ratings tonight, at least Nationally. So why not just give it a reasonable start time? It’s insane.

Just FYI it’s 3:15 EST just checked the baseball app. You can get tickets for as low as $97 per ticket. Of course, excluding the exorbitant fees. A Deciding game…in NY. Think about it.
The worst part was in the T&C year the start of the year included the playoffs. They just announced the change last week to exclude them.

San Diego:
Profar LF
Soto RF
Machado 3B
Bell DH
Cronenworth 2B
Myers 1B
Kim SS
Grisham CF
Nola C

Mets:
Nimmo CF
Marte RF
Lindor SS
Alonso 1B
McNeil 2B
Canha LF
Vogelbach DH
Escobar 3B
Nido C

The Mets game was set to start at 4PM if the phillies lost last night and there was a second game tonight. It sucks that they put it in prime time now that it is the only game "in town". There are no NY teams playing football and there is no NFL team in San Diego. In addition, there are only 3 NFL games on and I don't think the fans in those cities care about a baseball game between NY and SD. In lieu of the Mets/Padres game at this time ESPN is showing a college football highlight show. Total BS.

As to school tomorrow, there is none as it is a holiday.

In addition, the 7 PM start means the team can't fly out to LA tonight which means transcontinental flight tomorrow and probably no work out in Dodger stadium; like the Bums need an edge.

Mets really have been flat w spotty hitting and inconsistent pen the past month. You could see this stumble coming. Four more innings, but looking tough.

As Dandy Don Meridith used to sing on Monday night Football--down 6-0 in the bottom of the 9th: Turn out the lights, the party's over, Total collapse tonight (PS-I would love to eat my words)

I’m glad I didn’t get to see the game and only had to spend 4 minutes this morning watching the recap.

This team was very fun to watch for a while, but wasn’t as good as we made them out to be. Oh well.

I have no doubt Cohen will have playoff caliber teams every year. My biggest concern is that if Baty, Vientiane and Alvarez aren’t legit then it will be built with a ton of older FAs. I can’t help but feel jealous of the young core of the Braves. If Cohen doesn’t mind having the highest payroll in baseball then cool, but that is probably what he needs to do at least for the next 5 years until the next generation is drafted and developed.

Only half our lineup carried this team through the year, and they were physically and mentally drained.

Nimmo, Marte, Lindor, Alonso and McNeil were the only bats in the lineup all year...C, 3B, LF and DH, outside of a few micro bursts, were wastelands of offensive production. Those positions include traditional power and production, of which we received none...maybe Baty and Alvarez provide some answers next year, but we need a thumper...

Interesting point on ESPN radio, didn't know who was speaking, do you put $40mm a year into deGrom for 25? starts, couple of DL stints, or were you better off putting that $40mm into Juan Soto or the next Juan Soto for a proven bat for 140+ games per year...?

Only half our lineup carried this team through the year, and they were physically and mentally drained.

Nimmo, Marte, Lindor, Alonso and McNeil were the only bats in the lineup all year...C, 3B, LF and DH, outside of a few micro bursts, were wastelands of offensive production. Those positions include traditional power and production, of which we received none...maybe Baty and Alvarez provide some answers next year, but we need a thumper...

Interesting point on ESPN radio, didn't know who was speaking, do you put $40mm a year into deGrom for 25? starts, couple of DL stints, or were you better off putting that $40mm into Juan Soto or the next Juan Soto for a proven bat for 140+ games per year...?
Spot. On. Voglebach and Ruf completely failed. This team needs a legitimate DH. He can play another position where he can rotate but this team needs more offense. We can pray on Alvarez and Baty and they should be on team to start but we need a legit bat. Many, many other questions need answers but that‘s a big one.

They said on one of the broadcasts he's still dealing with the rib injury so he's definitely not 100%, and I still want him on my team period. Great team guy and pitcher ...

If think they were either talking about or meant Scherzer whose contract is worth over $40M per year.

Back