Tue. 2/7 at Butler
Sat. 2/11 Providence (MSG)
Tue. 2/14 at Depaul
Sat. 2/18 Creighton
Wed. 2/22 at Georgetown
Sat. 2/25 UCONN (MSG)
Sat. 3/4 at Marquette

Sorry. Accidental double post.

So again Georgetown, Nova and UCONN no matter how good or bad they are will NEVER play in Carnesecca unless you get a situation like we had with COVID. Just not happening.

The only one that surprises me is Creighton not being at MSG. Only because they are projected to be REALLY good this year. And outside of those 3 teams if one of the other 7 teams is projected to be a top 10 team I would have guessed the game would be at MSG.

Two noon Saturday games at MSG will have to make it for one of them.

Can’t afford to lose the first 1 of the year 12/7 home vs DePaul. I guess for most part everyone can say they can’t afford to lose home vs DePaul, but the next 9 after that are tough. 12/7 seems very early for big East start.

How is the Seton Hall game not at MSG? Amazing that 2 Big East basketball schools within the Metro area can't get a game at MSG.
That was the first thing I noticed other than the real early start of the season (December 7th). Did we start that early last year?

Do they think Georgetown is really going to outdraw Seton Hall at MSG?

That was the first thing I noticed other than the real early start of the season (December 7th). Did we start that early last year?

Seems like conference play starts in earnest the weekend of December 17th-18th. However, both us and Depaul committed to non-conference games that weekend.

It was probably just easier to put the two teams into an open spot in the non-conference schedule. For all I know, plugging it in later could have lead to issues with other games on the schedule.

Seems like conference play starts in earnest the weekend of December 17th-18th. However, both us and Depaul committed to non-conference games that weekend.

It was probably just easier to put the two teams into an open spot in the non-conference schedule. For all I know, plugging it in later could have lead to issues with other games on the schedule.
Very good point. Thanks.

Think they wanted to keep MSG games to weekends….. which means seton hall on campus and providence at msg

So again Georgetown, Nova and UCONN no matter how good or bad they are will NEVER play in Carnesecca unless you get a situation like we had with COVID. Just not happening.

The only one that surprises me is Creighton not being at MSG. Only because they are projected to be REALLY good this year. And outside of those 3 teams if one of the other 7 teams is projected to be a top 10 team I would have guessed the game would be at MSG.
I don’t think it matters more about which teams they think will sell more seats at MSG rather than who is good. Georgetown, due to their volume of alumni in NYC, will put more people in the seats at MSG than Creighton would which is why they get MSG despite being projected to be at the bottom of the standings again

Shanley pushed for PC at MSG?

There is a reason why the program kept PC out of the Garden in the past as certainly their fan base don't justify it. So now Shanley who. has openly rooted for PC when they have played the Johnnies, does Ed Cooley and his program a favor? Please, remind me that Stanley in not the PC president anymore. Unreal..... PC at the Garden would be the least likely game to draw fans.

I don’t think it matters more about which teams they think will sell more seats at MSG rather than who is good. Georgetown, due to their volume of alumni in NYC, will put more people in the seats at MSG than Creighton would which is why they get MSG despite being projected to be at the bottom of the standings again
I tried to make the distinction because of the history and tradition those schools established with SJU and the BE going back to the 80's and 90s (same with Cuse when they were in the BE).

I do think it matters for the other schools whether they are predicted to be good. If Creighton is really good and SJU is good I have a hard time believing the BE and the Networks wouldn't want that game in MSG. Creighton fans will come even if it is middle of the week,

There is a reason why the program kept PC out of the Garden in the past as certainly their fan base don't justify it. So now Shanley who. has openly rooted for PC when they have played the Johnnies, does Ed Cooley and his program a favor? Please, remind me that Stanley in not the PC president anymore. Unreal..... PC at the Garden would be the least likely game to draw fans.
There was a game dlo’s senior year where we beat providence at the garden. I remember it dearly because up until that point I had been 0-10 in sju games I had attended in person. Don’t really think this is any reason to assume Schenly has anything but sju’s best interest at heart.

Those UConn fans will have to hit the bars at 6am to get to their correct level of drunkness. Really wish they would give us more night games at the garden but I guess we only play 4 so that's 25%. Those early games are always sloppy...but so are the UConn fans...

Also, a lot of Knicks fans show up for the Georgetown game, just to support Ewing.

Back