2022 - 2023 Schedule

We’re playing 4 games at MSG and 2 at Barclays. Then hopefully 3 at MSG for the BET. That would be 9 games at local pro arenas. I to would like more , but based on where the program is right now that’s acceptable. If we become a perennial Top 20 team again then we will be able to afford more games at these arena’s. As they say, winning solves everything.

While the Johnnies are opening up against mighty Merrimack, check out what a legit OOC schedule looks like. Scheduling legit OOC opponents is an area where Mr. Cragg has underperformed regularly which has already shown to be a negative when it came to selection Sunday.

While I agree that is a really good out of conference schedule, the way you pointed out who we open up with compared to theirs - 3 games vs juggernauts longwood, south Alabama and Jacksonville state, seemed like an odd approach.

While I agree that is a really good out of conference schedule, the way you pointed out who we open up with compared to theirs - 3 games vs juggernauts longwood, south Alabama and Jacksonville state, seemed like an odd approach.
You need to look at their overall OOC schedule, not so much who they open up with. Not to mention their in conference schedule in the SEC is far more challenging then the Big East. If any team needed a strong OOC schedule it’s St Johns which we have all been saying for four years now. In fact in Anderson’s first year, the strength of the OOC schedule was far superior to what it is now.

You need to look at their overall OOC schedule, not so much who they open up with. Not to mention their in conference schedule in the SEC is far more challenging then the Big East. If any team needed a strong OOC schedule it’s St Johns which we have all been saying for four years now. In fact in Anderson’s first year, the strength of the OOC schedule was far superior to what it is now.
“While I agree that is a really good out of conference schedule”

Definitely could be improved by getting accepted into some better pre season exempt tourneys and pushing the Conference to get better opponents in the B1G and B12 challenges. But mostly I agree that scheduling more than 1 OOC against a major conference school should be a prerequisite for the department. There's 6 mid major or worse cupcakes out of a possible 11 OOC games. That's too much now that the conference schedule is 20 games. With this schedule anything less than 10-1 would very disappointing.

Last edited:
Definitely could be improved by getting accepted into some better pre season exempt tourneys and pushing the Conference to get better opponents in the B1G and B12 challenges. But mostly I agree that scheduling more than 1 OOC against a major conference school should be a prerequisite for the department. There's 6 mid major or worse cupcakes out of a possible 11 OOC games. That's too much now that the conference schedule is 20 games. With this schedule anything less than 10-1 would very disappointing.
Agree with pretty much everything, but I would be very pleased with 10-1. Sweeping @iowa st, and FSU in Florida is a tough challenge. Going 1-1 there and sweeping the rest would be fantastic if you ask me. 3 losses could be devastating, but 9-2 is imaginable and not insurmountable IMO. 2-2 vs temple, Cuse, fsu, and Iowa state (none as home games) shouldn’t preclude you from being a tourney team.

Not saying it would preclude being a tourney team. Just that it would be disappointing. Of the 4 you mention only Iowa State are considered to be preseason top half of their conference. Also Nebraska is expected to be dead last in B1G and Niagara has fallen back down to earth expected to be near the bottom of their conference as well.

As an edit I meant to say Florida State, not Iowa State, is projected top half of their conference.

Enough is enough. The negativity from the Dixie retirees and Florida clan is nauseating.

We are 3 weeks away from a big season. Enjoy watching from your televisions. Us NYers will soak in the fruits of this season in our brand new padded Jamaica seats.

Keyboard tough guys get lost, we are due for a breakthrough season w a loaded roster this season.

Back