2022 - 2023 Schedule

We need to get a quality non-conference opponent to play, at MSG, during espn's Rivalry Week. Syracuse would be the logical pick, but they won't schedule us, anymore. Tough to find a school that isn't already paired-up. Dayton?

I believe our out of conference schedule is complete (11 non-conference games). Are we allowed to play more than that this year?

And technically CMA wasn’t lying . Things just worked out this way because even if we were going to play Michigan State it would only have been at Carnesseca

Schedule, venues are what they are. Obviously SJ has to make hay in BE and kick some ass. Margin of error is tight w meh OOC schedule, but staff seems to feel they have the horses to Dance.

I’ll get greedy and say I believe they also have to make a little noise in the Tourney. No guarantees on what next year’s roster will look like and another flat finish certainly is not going to be helpful on recruiting front. On latter, obviously staff really has been solid for sure, but let’s get some needle moving results on the court this season as well.

As conferences get larger, the number of OOC games become fewer. We used to play 18 pre Conn now at 20.

Also attended last time. Tourney was sponsored by ESPN then. Game in Florida this year and NC next. LIKE IT!

I believe our out of conference schedule is complete (11 non-conference games). Are we allowed to play more than that this year?
according to this cited rule, no, we are not, as we have 31 games.

Rule 17.4.5.1

28 games plus a 3 game MTE (31 total)
OR
29 games plus a 2 game MTE (31 total)
OR
29 games plus NO MTE (29 total)

Matchups for the Empire Classic this November at the Barclays Center have been announced.

Monday, Nov. 21
7 ET - Syracuse vs. Richmond
9:30 ET - St. John’s vs. Temple

Tuesday, Nov. 22
Consolation game at 7
Championship game will follow

Last edited:
Back