Yankees 2024 Season

I’m hearing announcement possibly tonight latest tomorrow but I’m hearing it from yankee fan who’s kinda connected so I’m not trying to flame. I’m actually hearing it could be within hours

Hope Judge makes a decision soon. So called content creators are going overboard with the clickbait material.

Really foolish! The last 5 years he judge will be too slow to hit the fastball. And the contract will keep you from supplementing the roster with quality pieces. Hopefully I’m wrong. And is hitting a baseball worth that much anyway?

Nine years is too much but I'm glad they did it. He's a one of a kind athlete and a class act. They were going to have to overcommit to keep him. Hopefully, he will be able to show he can be a primetime post season player next year.

Really foolish! The last 5 years he judge will be too slow to hit the fastball. And the contract will keep you from supplementing the roster with quality pieces. Hopefully I’m wrong. And is hitting a baseball worth that much anyway?
Any more foolish than giving a 40 year old starting pitcher a two year guaranteed $86M contract plus an option this year and paying another one who is 38/39 who is on his last year of a two year $86M contract?

If he leads them to some WS wins, no one will care.

Any more foolish than giving a 40 year old starting pitcher a two year guaranteed $86M contract plus an option this year and paying another one who is 38/39 who is on his last year of a two year $86M contract?

If he leads them to some WS wins, no one will care.
He really performed great in the playoffs last year. The team is flawed. To win in the playoffs you have to play small ball, move runners, sacrifice. This team is homer run or nothing.
He had a great year. The Yankees should have held their line. They could have gotten 2 or 3 quality players instead of one player coming off a historical year.
I’m a Yankees fan so I will root for them. Still I think the backend of the contract will be an albatross. Th

Love Judge. Glad he’s staying. Cashman completely mishandled this, costing the Yanks big bucks.
Judge never gave them a figure of what he was looking for last spring. Could they have offered him more then, yes, would he have accepted, who knows. Judged gambled on himself and won. He knew the market and the Giants were ready and did offer big as possibly did San Diego.

The bitter feelings comes from them releasing the number publicly which Cashman did for his adopted family, the Steinbrenners, to make it look like they weren't being cheap while Uncle Stevie was spending money across town. It didn't help that some bozo Yankee fans booed him during the series with the Houston which was noted not just by him but all of baseball ("They boo that guy!!!!!!") which will give other free agents pause of coming here and will definitely increase their price.

Yankees dodged a bullet here as Judge almost left like Cano did. You can say good riddance regarding Cano based on how the end turned out but how long did it take us to find a replacement for him (Roberts, Drew, Walker)?

Now, we have held serve, maybe gotten weaker in losing a starting pitcher. We have not gotten better which is what we need to do to make the World Series let alone win one. Don't use this signing as an excuse not to go after Rondon and other pitchers via trade or a leftfielder saying you don't have the money like you've done in the past.

Carpe diem boys!

Another albatross contract which will stifle the team for years. Now we have Judge, Stanton, LeMahieu, Cole etc which will stunt progress for years. I don’t see any improvement in this product. Yes, he is a nice man. Yes he is a great player, but he only gets 4 at bats.

He really performed great in the playoffs last year. The team is flawed. To win in the playoffs you have to play small ball, move runners, sacrifice. This team is homer run or nothing.
He had a great year. The Yankees should have held their line. They could have gotten 2 or 3 quality players instead of one player coming off a historical year.
I’m a Yankees fan so I will root for them. Still I think the backend of the contract will be an albatross. Th
Do you really think the Yankees were going to use that money to get one or two other players if they don't sign Judge? Who? One of the shortstops. Would have cost the same in years and $60M less in salary which is $8M short of what Taillon just got from the Cubs.

No he didn't have a great playoff. Not everyone does. I am not going to hold that against him as I recall Andy Pettite getting bombed in a playoff start but we still considering him a clutch pitcher. It happens. Reggie Jackson is Mr. October because of his postseason success but even he had two bad ones (both later in his career) and one so-so one (early in his career).

His signing should not prohibit them from going after other players. They offered Verlander again knowing they were still trying to sign Judge. You are going over the cap anyway. You want to win, go for it.

Another albatross contract which will stifle the team for years. Now we have Judge, Stanton, LeMahieu, Cole etc which will stunt progress for years. I don’t see any improvement in this product. Yes, he is a nice man. Yes he is a great player, but he only gets 4 at bats.
Those are four contracts. There are 26 men on the team and we are not Pittsburgh or Kansas City. Mix in your young prospects and trade others for the pieces you need. The problem is not the contracts, is that you followed the same formula in the type of player, swing or miss and have done a piss poor job in developing or finding starting pitchers.

Sign Rondon, get a leftfielder either by free agency (Nimmo) or trade (Reynolds but I admit I don't know much about him as a hitter besides him hitting from both sides don't know if he is a swing and miss guy which might change my mind) that is south of 30 and changes the all or nothing dynamic. Look at you prospects for the middle infield spots, move a hopefully healthy LeMathieu to 3rd and try to move Donaldson (while eating most of his contract). Hicks is your fourth OF if you can't move him. See if Gleyber (and others) can net you a good starting pitcher south of thirty and another pieces that changes the dynamic.

Last edited:
The Yankees have the money to do whatever they need to do, and be very profitable.

The money itself is never the issue for the Yanks or the Mets, its the luxury tax. The more you go over the worse it gets so the extra say 30 mill in salary may cost you a 100 million in penalties. I know fans dont care they are spending the teams money but something the GM and ownership group needs to be concerned about.

The money itself is never the issue for the Yanks or the Mets, its the luxury tax. The more you go over the worse it gets so the extra say 30 mill in salary may cost you a 100 million in penalties. I know fans dont care they are spending the teams money but something the GM and ownership group needs to be concerned about.
I get it, but your over it already. Does the existing team as constituted any better than the one last year? Sometimes, like in 09, you just have to go all in.

Back